Most high valued load you’ve ever hauled?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lennythedriver, Jul 2, 2021.

1. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    What kind of so-called capitalist believes that goods and services should be paid for by the producer instead of the consumer???

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mem

mem Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2015
    I believe in capitalism, not crony capitalism or corporatism. It's recompense for their sins.

I'm even fine with capitalism in our medical industry, this unholy amalgamation of public and private sector with predatory insurance companies on top is a joke though. If you actually like the way our medical industry works I have a feeling you haven't had to use it much yet. It's probably alright if you are very rich or very poor.

I get where you are coming from though, I'm not opposed to people paying for their medicine or medical needs. Why should you be responsible, after all, if I drink myself into cirrhosis.

Insulin in particular pisses me off which is why I made the throwaway comment about it in the first place. Feel free to grab the last word, I'm done posting about this.

Bean Jr. and not4hire Thank this.
  4. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    If I told you about my high value loads, I would have to kill you.o_O:rolleyes:

5. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    If insulin pisses you off then you're going to be absolutely enraged (and rightfully so) when you find out what Sen. Joe Manchin's daughter did to the price of EpiPens.

As for the rest, I will decline to discuss it here since this is not the politics sub, except that I will say placing all the blame on the pharmaceutical industry and none on the government that regulates the pharmaceutical industry reveals a sizable blind spot.

Opus, Hammer166, Brettj3876 and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    On the other end of the spectrum, I rolled up on a truck fire a few years ago. A driver had set his brakes on fire while descending a huge series of hills. Driver was fine and emergency vehicles were on the scene within minutes. Found a news article a few days later. Turns out he had a full load of Ramen noodles, total loss was valued at $7.48.

MIT, LoboSolo, D.Tibbitt and 5 others Thank this.
  7. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    I know a driver that recently picked up a load , and the second day he’s hauling it he got a call from the receiver , asking if he was the one hauling xyz cargo.

“Yep”

“Well, be careful with it. It originally cost $750 million when it was new and the place
    You picked it up from just did a refurbishment and upgrade that cost $350 million .”

Driver: in shock and speechless : “uhhhhhh,,, sure .No problem , we will see you on Thursday”

Bean Jr., dwells40, Magoo1968 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Amen to that. Don't forget to pick up extra treats next time you see a pet store. <3

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  9. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Probably on his way to a penitentiary.

10. Reptilian

Reptilian Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2021
    JB Hunt is charging 35% of gross. Where do they find these drivers?

11. Coolbreezin

Coolbreezin Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Florida
    Picked up a load in a Hazmat reefer from Savannah port to Orlando. The load could not exit the port until right at closing and the truck could not stop for any reason except breakdown. I was told by dispatch that a POV would tail me to confirm a safe and complete trip. I was given the address in Orlando to meet someone that would explain the rest of the trip. Ultimately, I went into the back of Disney world about 2200 to deliver a reefer full of fireworks. Value unknown.

Bean Jr. and dwells40 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.