My Adventure: Sage Fort Pierce

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by CalculatedRisk, Apr 25, 2023.

1. CalculatedRisk

CalculatedRisk Heavy Load Member

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    Day two of yard and first drive is in the books. Very happy that I chose sage. Went out for my first drive and it went very nice.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DixonM

DixonM Light Load Member

May 22, 2022
    Their manual truck was a hand full to drive the throttle was wonky I believe it could be from the ecm. tune the truck lost a few parts somewhere in its life.

CalculatedRisk Thanks this.
  4. CalculatedRisk

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    Practiced and rehomed my offset skills. Went on what I feel like will be my final Road drive because according to two instructors, I’m pretty good on that part. Just need to work on my backing.

5. CalculatedRisk

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    they have two manual trucks. A mid roof one and the condo one. When I drove the mid roof one, it didn’t seem like it had a bunch of power, so I guess you’re referring to the condo one.

6. CalculatedRisk

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    This experience compared to when I went to a different school in Orlando, is totally different. Granted, I did not know that my life would be taking a turn for the worse 10 years later meaning I lost my father.

however, I do believe things happen for a reason. One of the instructors here taught me how to do the offsets, and by the end of Yesterdays first session in the yard, I practically had them down.

each instructor here has their own unique teaching methods. As I mentioned to my instructor on the road, I really do enjoy learning and thrive in a learning environment.

If you have any questions, please just ask. I’d be more than happy to answer any questions regarding Sage.

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  7. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    A switch on most auto trucks are the hill assist.
    FF0C872D-B47B-463F-A32F-FE5ACE2326FA.jpeg
    or may say HSA and truck i hill with circle/slash.

That switch is temporary and say you’re easing back to hook up or it’s one that feels jerky while trying to ease back, that’ll stop the hill assist so it’ll back up smoother, and ease back, not take off like you’re foot on the floor in reverse.

8. DixonM

DixonM Light Load Member

May 22, 2022
    Must have gotten rid of it it was an international day cab truck

9. CalculatedRisk

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    International day cab is still here.

Concorde Thanks this.
  10. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    All we had when I was there was a couple old beat to crap Freightliner Columbia’s and a FLD. The FLD was fun to drive, I enjoyed driving it.

There wasn’t any automatic transmission trucks or day cab’s. Trucks were all 10 spd manuals.

11. CalculatedRisk

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    I got the alley dock a.k.a. 90° down for sure. Was out till around 8 PM today on the range. For those considering truck driving school, please consider Sage. Or at least inquire about their program. I do know for a fact that vocational rehabilitation will pay for your schooling if you qualify at Sage.

Concorde Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.