My Daily Experience With Crete Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by ABRO Transport, Feb 17, 2020.

1. ABRO Transport

ABRO Transport Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2018
    NH
    I may have some questions for you as far as the O/O program goes. Any info you can give me would be great. I have a 5 year plan going into this and purchasing a truck through Crete in the next 1-2 years is the goal.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ABRO Transport

Feb 22, 2018
    NH
    Yea, I'm going to have to get a verification as far as what they'll let me run. They routed me north over the GW a couple of times and I told them that I can go over the Tappen Z and save them money and myself time and they ok'd that .
    Once I get used to the areas and the toll costs as well as some of the routes it should make life easier.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  4. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Honestly, I do not suggest buying a truck from Crete because they do not have APU's. This causes excessive wear on the DPF system due to lots of opti-idle low temperature exhaust hours. I lost my One Box DPF system at 499,700 miles. 300 more miles, and the 12,000 dollar repair bill would have been mine to pay for, rather than being paid for by Freightliner.

Find a company that sells trucks that have always had APUs installed. Failing that, if you can get a Crete truck for 12k or so less than another truck that has had an APU on it, you might consider it.

Send me PMs if you have specific questions. I also have a substantial thread documenting my o/o experiences.

Loudstacks and ABRO Transport Thank this.
  5. ABRO Transport

Feb 22, 2018
    NH
    Definitely something to consider. Thank you. Is your thread on here? I'll check it out.

6. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
  7. ABRO Transport

Feb 22, 2018
    NH
    Got up Weds. Made some coffee and cooked some breakfast. Awaiting that magical message that my load would be ready early. Shortly after eating it came. Fired up my clock, did a pretrip and headed to Shipensburg, PA to do a D/H Pretty easy DC to get in and out of. Headed to Johnstown, NY to deliver Thursday morning. On my 30 I was searching trucker path & found the Betty Beaver and TA truck stop right down the road from the receiver. Google earthed them and decided on the TA.

I got there around 5 and found a few spots on the left after the entrance all the way down. A little tight but doable. There was a Pete 379 sticking out and kind of crooked making it a little tougher. Made some dinner, grabbed a shower and called it a night.

My pickup on Thursday was in Rotterdam, NY for 12pm I didn't want to burn up my clock so I timed the delivery so that I would be at the pickup at 12. Both were easy in and out D/H's

This load was headed to Chambursburg, PA and I could deliver it early. So to get a jump on My load going home I delivered it Thursday night and got back to the terminal around 10:30 pm

Had a 10 am Appt for what I thought was a live load in Mechanicsburg, PA. I get there and it's a D/H.. Sweet i'm going to get home early Sat. am. one thing i've learned out here is that nothing ever goes according to plan. My load was actually loaded onto another carriers trailer and no one knew why. 4 hours later after emails and phone calls they finish transferring the load to my trailer. The load was headed to Raymond, NH for a Sat. delivery then home.

It was a time for a choice. 81 to 84 through the mountains and the radar was showing snow. Or over the Tappen Z during rush hour? Decided on traffic. Made it to Manchester, NH with 10 minutes left on my clock and decided on the Hookset rest area to shut down at. My wife even came down to spend her first night in the truck. Delivered in Raymond Sat am and got home for my 34. Headed out tomorrow for a water load in Maine going to Elizabeth, NJ Same day Live load and unload. This will be interesting as my calculations have me running out of time in Elizabeth

theSoz, Lonesome and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  8. ABRO Transport

Feb 22, 2018
    NH
    Live load/unloads anyone....

Headed out for Maine Monday morning. a 3 hour deadhead to Hollis center. I had read the reviews previously and expected a bit of a wait. Got there at 9:43, checked in and awaited the call to a door. Finally got the call at 12:06 40 minutes later the first pallet went in. 14:00 I finally got my paperwork and headed out. Had to stop in Greenland, NH at the Tiny TA to fill up. Had some guy blocking the entrance for about 5 minutes while we all lined up the street.

I caught several areas of heavy traffic down 495 and 90. But not as bad as I thought. I made it to the Wallingford, CT rest area again and shut down for the night.

Headed out in the morning around 5:00 to Elizabeth. Traffic was good till about 5 miles before the GW. Got to the shipper and of course I drove by the entrance. Drive down the street and turn around in an open lot.
    I pull in the staging area, get backed in, go to the guard shack and check in. The call to the door only took 5 minutes.. "Sweet this is going to be a quick one" Because I didn't make the 18:00 delivery the night before I was fit in. Was told $110 for the lumper and they'd call me when they were ready for me. 1 hour to unload and another 2 hours before they called me in. WTH were they waiting for? myself and 3 others who got a door all had to wait..

Get to the next Shipper down the road in Linden, NJ around 12:00 4 hours late for the Appointment. Yup another live load of water.. Surprised me and was out within an hour... Shot off for the short drive to Bethlehem, PA. Knowing it was going to be a live unload It was going to be time sensitive... Yeaaa those words do not go together in the same sentence. 3 hours later and 2 minutes left on my clock.. Had to PC to the next available parking.. Well at 19:00 this is not an easy task.. Ended up paying for the horrid reserved parking. I've got to get to know some of these hidden gems for parking..

Today was a good day.. Drive to Shippensburg, do a D/H and head for Wilton, NY for another D/H. Nice easy drive up 81-84-87. I will say 84E is getting better. Around mile marker 21 to CT. Soooo The drop part went off without a hook. Seriously, No hook. LOL 3 trailers there and 0 empties. Ended up going up to Glens falls and grabbing an empty from another customer. I had to have one because..... Yup live load tomorrow in Saratoga Springs. 6-12:00 is the window. The reviews don't sound to promising.. We will see. This one is heading to Winchester, VA...

So far good miles and good pay. I'm still getting used to the schedule compared to local and when I was flattbedding. Going to try and get back on a daily schedule of posting instead of these long winded posts every 3 days.. There's not much up here in the way of truck stops but the Wilton Travel Plaza has a ton of parking. 6 showers and Scotty's restaurant

Lonesome, theSoz and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  9. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    Be careful if you decide to believe the Crete data on whether shippers or receivers allow overnight parking. Many times the Crete data says yes, but you get there and discover that 'yes' means a 200 foot length of 2.5 lane industrial road, clearly marked 'no parking' with no access to a restroom. Call shippers or receivers if you want to try to park there, and be sure.

10. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Chad from recruiting called me a couple times. My wife and i run team. But after reading your posts it sounds like you guys run way more east coast than I'm interested in. I prefer running west coast and southeast.

Farmerbob1 and ABRO Transport Thank this.
  11. ABRO Transport

Feb 22, 2018
    NH
    I choose an East Coast dedicated account. I know, I know... why would anyone choose the North East... I live in NH and for now, like to do my 34s at home. Plus there's good money up here.

O.Henry and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.