Kudos on your humility.....Support for 1st of the 7th Air Cav??
Got a couple very close friends....flew for that bunch way back when....They don’t get much better or bad %#€ than that bunch
Thank you...well done
My history. Show me yours.
Page 5 of 6
1. Werner Enterprises - October 2013 to August 2014. OTR 21-25cpm
2. Gordon Trucking (now Heartland Express) - August 2014 to May 2015. OTR 31-38cpm
3. JB Hunt (Amazon account) - May 2015 to August 2016. Dedicated 44-45cpm
4. Pacific Tank Lines - August 2016 to February 2018. Fuel Tankers $70k/yr
5. Reddaway (Yellow subsidiary) - February 2018 to July 2019. LTL
6. Estes Express Lines - July 2019 to October 2019. LTL, First Termination
7. Schneider National - November 2019 to June 2020. OTR Lease Operator
8. Crete Carrier Corporation - July 2020 to September 2020. OTR 55cpm
9. Old Dominion Freight Line - October 2020 to Present. LTL 80.18cpm solo, 87.24cpm team split.
Just as I climbed back in, my wife (fiancée at the time) calls me in a panic after seeing her negative pregnancy test she took that morning turn positive when she came home from work. She wouldn't listen to my rational explanation of how the test becomes unreliable after a certain time until I came home. Problem was, my house was an hour from the terminal and I had already been sitting there 90mins, unable to leave.
So now in a hurry to try to get home and calm my wife's delirium, I try everything else I can doe the next half-hour to get the PeopleNet to work. Nothing works. So I punched the unit in frustration and broke the screen.
Told my terminal manager what happened, he wrote down my off-duty time (why couldn't he have done that BEFORE?) and sent me home. 2 days later I was fired.
The kicker is, while I was in orientation for Schneider, I ran into another Estes driver a couple weeks later. Turns out Estes had so many problems with the PeopleNet units rejecting the ELD software that they upgraded the entire nationwide fleet with brand new tablets!! And nobody at my terminal thought to reconsider the conditions of my firing!
You better believe I was pissed. Still pretty salty anytime I see a black and yellow truck..
I honestly, probably just should have left for the day. But I only put myself in a worse situation.
90-01 Factory work, got tired of being inside, got my CDL
02-13 River Bend
13-14 Kruse World Wide
14-22 Shelton's Wholesale
22-22 Troyer Frozen(back in a semi for the first time since Werner, going down a ramp with meat took its toll quick)
Transport America '96-98
Stan Koch '98-'00
JB Hunt '00-'00 (BIG mistake)
Local rolloff '01-'02
Knight Port Services '06-'07
Johnsrud Transport '07-'08
FedEx Freight '08-'23
...(to be continued)
Page 5 of 6