My Mercer Experience 8-31-15

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by BulletProof, Sep 5, 2015.

1. BulletProof

BulletProof Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I have it financed through Regions. $1,100 a month so not too bad. I don't have the address for the delivery in Chicago yet. I did ask if it was downtown or just close to chicago and he said "its on west 43rd street". I'm assuming that means I'm going down town. Chicago changed their gun laws didn't they?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    BulletProof,

What year/make is your Freightliner? I got a friend that is having the same ABS issue with a Freightliner he just bought. I wonder if his is like yours, wired thru the brake circuit.

4. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    It's a 2009 Cascadia. If there is no light with a key but it comes in for a few seconds with the brake pedal mashed then it's on the brake circuit. They passed me on the inspection. You can get a 4 pin normally open relay and swap it in the R8 slot on the fuse block and it will put it on a continuous circuit

Chickadee and whoopNride Thank this.
  5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Your probably going to be around 43rd and Racine.... You will more than likely get off the Dan Ryan at 47th street exit... Nothing to get to excited about... You will be in Chicago but not in the "Loop" or anything like that... The gun laws here are so good we have some of the worst crime in the country :cool:

6. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Thanks, I will pass that on to him. He has a Columbia but I think it is an 08-09

7. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    Bullet, how long did the process take you from your start of searching for a truck to buy, to getting financing, insurance and everything else to actually bringing the truck home? Did you buy in your home state or have to get it out of state?

8. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I took my business plans to regions a d told them what I was wanting to do. I already had this truck in mind so I gave them the inf . Took about a week to cross all the Ts and dot the Is. I got it in my home state but it works the same out of state. They give you a cashiers check to take to the dealer. You hand them the check and leave with the truck. They can also do a bank transfer if your dealer prefers that.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  9. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    I'm guessing you were pre approved for Mercer before getting the truck... How many miles on the truck? I think I read a post saying you haven't done flats before?

10. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    No I wasn't. I put it on at the small company I was already at . Stayed there 3 months and applied at mercer. Truck had 660k when I bought it . Very clean 1 owner truck

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  11. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    And no I haven't done flats before.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.