My Mercer Experience 8-31-15

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by BulletProof, Sep 5, 2015.

1. BulletProof

BulletProof Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    Day 1 is in the books. Luckily for me, there was a very nice CRST guy picking up the same thing I was and going to the same place. I told him it was my 1st flat bed load so he said he would help me out and he did. I was very great full because of some of the oddly shaped pieces. Deliver in the morning then picking up aND heading to Chicago.

On a side note, throwing 10 chains in 90 degree southern heat is no joke. I'm pretty sure I lost 10 pounds in sweat. Only had 2 loosen up on the way up here. Tightened them back down. No big deal. Let's see what tomorrow has in store. I can't remember what you have to write on the bills before you fax them. I know the truck number and trip number. Can't remember the other 2 things. I'll have to figure that out so I can get paid.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    If You have a way to take pics of someone of the loads you do that would be appreciated, just so we could get an Idea... I've never done Flats either...

gjcarr03 Thanks this.
  4. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I took a pic but I don't know how to upload it from my phone. If someone could tell me then I'd be happy to do it.

5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I wish I could tell you but don't know myself

6. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    You don't fax the bills, u use transflo or trippak to scan them in, you put the order number and trek number on the bills, you also have to use one of the bubble scan sheets unless you use the mobilephone app to send in paperwork, read that blue notebook they gave you.

BulletProof Thanks this.
  7. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I use the app. Didn't realize I put fax. Must be more tired than I realized. I went through the book a few times and couldn't find the part that said what goes on there. I distinctly remember dean saying "there are 4 things you must have on the bills". I even wrote them down. But for some reason I can't seem to find that part. Thanks for clearing it up.

8. humalag

humalag Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Bulletproof, in quality their lease is so called full service lease? Werd you suppose to make a weekly payments and that would of covered maintenance and registration? Im considering that option now as a chance to add a truck or two, thanks in advance

9. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I would have made weekly payments of $450 for the truck and another $90 for insurance. The "full service" is kinda confusing. They will service your truck if you take it to one of their locations and I believe they have 7 or 8 but if I remember correctly you have to pay for the oil/grease and they cover the labor. If you go to a shop that they don't own then you cover everything.

As far as registration goes, you pay for that and your tag. You either get your own tag ($1000-$2500 a year) or you run your company's tag and you pay for it there. My tag is $1700 a year that I get from mercer. They take that out of my check. They may have changed since April but they didn't offer a tag then otherwise I would have kept the truck I got from them because we never could get a tag because of Alabama laws. So I had to take the truck back.

If you get an older truck from them where they payment is only $250 a week and you run your driver all the time then you might make a decent amount off the 2nd truck. If he/she wants to be home then you might now make very much off of it until it's paid for

10. TaylorMade407

TaylorMade407 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    Fill out the cover sheet, and make sure the receiver signs the bills then scan them in and that's it.

BulletProof Thanks this.
  11. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    Delivered my forklift this morning. Deadheaded 30 miles to pick up my insulation going to Chicago. Deliver in the morning then deadhead 22 miles to pick up more insulation going to Michigan. I'm very happy so far. The biggest adjustment isn't the actual flatbed par . It's getting used to these e-logs.

whoopNride Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.