My Mercer Experience 8-31-15

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by BulletProof, Sep 5, 2015.

1. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Good luck bud, I think your on the right path.

BulletProof Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Best of luck to you Sir! Family should always be first. Enjoy your time with your little angel.

BulletProof Thanks this.
  4. BulletProof

BulletProof Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
  5. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    Family first. A wife that you love and loves you back. Children you would gladly die for. We only get that one chance to be a true family, with mom dad and the kids. Most of us screw that up for different reasons.

You made the right choice putting them first. Most of us are just to darn selfish.

Highway Sailor and TaylorMade407 Thank this.
  6. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    I think it can be just the opposite, many sacrifice being gone. So their family can have a better life. It all depends on how ya look at it, fact is, the guys stay out long periods are also putting their families first. I got 5 , daughters bookend three boys.

7. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Good luck Bulletproof, Those little ones will only be little once. You will blink your eyes and they will be in college.

larry2903 and BulletProof Thank this.
  8. BulletProof

BulletProof Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I agree. It depends on the situation. My wife is a nurse and makes very good money so it takes the pressure off of me having to make every dollar I can. Since we're doing well financially, I can put my family first by being there more.

Someone who isn't as blessed financially puts their family first by running as hard as they can to make every dollar they can and I respect the hell out of that. There is nothing wrong with a man who works hard.

9. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Best of luck @BulletProof .. That's why I left as well...I liked it at Mercer but I had a newborn and my first at that... I wasn't seeing him enough and it started to bother me as days went on. Being home more when kids are little means more than money in my opinion.. You can always make money but you can't get time back... Be safe driver

10. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    You got that right. I quit trucking after only a couple of years because I wasn't around enough and felt like I was missing my kids growing up. I took several years away, and just worked a "regular" job. We weren't living the good life, but my wife and I both worked and we kept food on the table, but mostly, we were happy. Kids got older and I came back to trucking.

duddie Thanks this.
  11. earlybird1104

earlybird1104 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2015
    I'm waiting on a van trailer been a month how long does it take for mercer to get van trailers

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.