My truck has no radio

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Texas_hwy_287, Nov 3, 2018.

1. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Honestly - best decision we ever made, career wise.

PAR - RTO, twice a week - 7.5 years.

Invested over 60% in company stock through 401k, left with a tad over 1/4 million in 401k funds.

I’d advise taking their 401 match and funding as hard as you can.

When we started, it was 17/share. When we left / $76/share.

What is it now - $140??!!

rabbiporkchop and tommymonza Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Yes indeed, you think I should invest more in their ODFL share instead of something else.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  4. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I couldn’t live with out my 12 speaker 1000 watt plus system I put in my company truck.

I put in a Kenwood 200 watt deck to power the 6 factory speakers that were decent just needed decent power put to them.

Bought a home surround system with a killer Sub that runs off the inverter that feeds off the RCA jacks from the stereo I installed.

I also bought a 400 watt rechargeable speaker box that I bought for using on the boat when it’s not on the truck that also feeds through another set of RCAs.

I don’t have $500 into everything and I could have the truck back to stock stereo in 10 minutes

5. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I’m not about to hand out investment advice to anyone - I’m clueless.

Gretchen saw that they were a cash based company, felt better tilting the favor to their stock, we could see how well they were doing - expansion - 2/3 stock spilts to raise capital for further expansion . . .

We put in 10% and got their 3% free, and the year end top up if things went well. We never missed the 10% ( we varied from 6-10% the years we were there).

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  6. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    You need to come and wire the Pete for sound!!

tommymonza and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  7. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Sorry @Texas_hwy_287 - didn’t mean to derail your thread, just kicked off a few memories.

Please give our regards to Kent, Amanda and Lacie at PAR if you’re ever in there.

8. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    It Is Soooo cheap and easy compared to what it was 35 years ago when I built my first 1500 watt stereo system in my Chevy van back in the day.

If you have an inverter a cheap desktop computer sound system can be had for a 100 bucks that will rival a thousand dollar automotive system and it is all plug and play.

In this day and age a head unit or stereo deck is a waste unless you listen to the radio.

Plug your phone into the input of a amp or amplified speaker. Call it good

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  9. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    I have the same problem at my barn. Some of our trucks have no radios and we slip seat. It's first come, first serve...even though the trucks are supposed to be assigned to the runs :rolleyes:

I don't need no fancy set up, so I just carry around a bluetooth speaker and use the free FM radio app on my phone. You do need to hook up an auxiliary cable though, because it works as an antenna. The app doesn't use any data either, and it doesn't drain your battery. If I lose radio connection, I just hook up my iPod and listen to my music that way. Takes about 2 minutes to set everything up or remove.

Easy peasy :D

10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    My brain is slow today. Sounds like you are on the ball.

11. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    This one looks interesting.
    PSS1 Plastic Slip seat Radio Box
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.