Mystery and ghosts on the road, strange unexplainable sightings?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lav-25, Jul 3, 2022.

1. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    One of the worst experiences I’ve ever had was in the Keystone state. Driving a 83 362 Pete at the time on a 2 lane. Just after dark during a good rain with distant lightning, and visibility was by no means good.

Out of no where a little boy rode his bike out of a side road right in front of me.

It’s no fun fighting a truck with limited visibility as many know.

I got pulled over and turned the 4 ways on before jumping out with my flashlight to look for him.
    I checked back behind the truck in a frantic run trying to find him, but found nothing.

After convincing myself he was not back there in the road, I decided to look at the front of the truck and under it. Looking under the truck and seeing him looking at me was tearing me up, it was a horrible feeling.

After looking on, under, behind, and beside the truck I slowly realized it must have been a hallucination, because I found no boy, no bike, and no blood.

Our minds can be cruel at times….

Lav-25, austinmike, wore out and 7 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

Well since you described my ex, I’m afraid there just may be 2 of them lol…..

wore out, JoeyJunk and Boondock Thank this.
  4. Star Rider

Star Rider Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2019
    Michigan
    My ex got re-married , I actually felt sorry for the guy!

JoeyJunk, Boondock and OLDSKOOLERnWV Thank this.
  5. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

When my ex and I got married in the 80’s, her mother told her she couldn’t believe she was marrying a truck driver, when she could have married a Dr. or lawyer or someone with a future. During our marriage she became a RN at the local hospital in Huntington, WV.

After our divorce in 92 I was still a truck driver, and she married a dude from a funeral home.

Had 2 kids by that cat, then married a guy who worked at a bowling alley, then married another truck driver, and now is living with a guy that works on cars in the yard.

Her mother before she died was with my daughter, she told me she loved me and so wish she could turn back time. Guess I wasn’t such a nobody after all….

6. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    Kinda like the time I was starting to go to sleep in the bunk, then I awake and see this dark figure inside the truck.....just looking at me....another time I would see this small child just there I have no Idea why....my mind was really tired I guess

7. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    The supposed Fuel that may or not be used by Off World Craft on Earth at AREA 51 is, as claimed, ELEMENT 115, According to Bob Lazar, who may well have been an Alien Placed on Earth, for Scientific Purposes to test Earthlings.
    Considering his past as he grew up, how many other Humans were so proficient at creating seemingly futuristic Devices in a Garage?
    - - - - - -
    As to "Things of unknown Origin" seen in Trucking Adventures, well, I've had a few and they were directly attributed to be EXHAUSTED from too much Traveling between REST episodes.
    Let's begin with "things NOT seen":
    Animals.
    Vehicles moving or not moving.
    - - - - - -
    TRUCKER GHOST STORIES.
    - - - - - -
    Things "seen" usually from being 3/4's wiped out and MOSTLY in the DARK Hours.
    Mountains that were not there (way before I was a Road Trucker) yet have SEEN AS a Road Trucker.
    Forests, randomly off the sides of Roads yet also ON Roads yet Daylight travels revealed no such Forests available.
    Taining when it wasn't.
    Pertty things.
    Purty scary things, YES.
    Road just *beyond head lights* curving when not actually curving. *no seeum zone*
    Some types of Black Creatures, some were Unidentifiable as to a floating Black Mass (maybe a Demonic mass).
    No call for alarm.

Lights too high for a Earth bounded vehicle that seemed odd as they were not stationary yet unidentifiable and no noise as of a plane or copter and nowhere near Roswell or Flagstaff.

Sum fun things I did in Trucks, when the DARK arrived, that I quickly forgot I did:
    A) Setting Cruise Control, and a short while later, Truck suddenly increased speed up a hill in a Curve. That tightened the shorts as I hit the brake pedal to disengage cruise, then stopped somewhere after a bit for a short walk around and maybe a nap.
    C) Forgetting I didn't have a Trailer and wondering to where it went.
    D) Why was there a white light UNDER trailer when not stationary (parked). There was NO undercarriage Lighting on any Trailer I ever pulled and NO vehicles nearby. Don't recall a specific State but most things occurred in AZ, NV, CO, NM, TX, OK, with extremely random weirdness in LA, MS, AL, TN, KY, WV., usually, naturally, away from small and Big City Lights.
    - - - - - -
    Best Route I ever drove was Rt. 89 from Flagstaff into Utah and on towards S.L.C., Both Times at NIGHT.

Saw "Things" I cannot describe, or maybe I didn't "see" them, only The Shadow Knows.

Maybe, on I-40, Jim Morrison was goofing around with the Spirits he claimed to have had 1 absorbed on an Arizona highway.

Who's to Say with credulity that anything seen or unseen, heard or unheard doesn't Exist in the Ether?
    Everything and Nothing is correct.
    One saw something or didn't saw sumtin and both exist.
    Everywhere and Nowhere.
    - - - - - -
    Wormholes Exist! Change My Mind!!
    - - - - - -
    ..and you decide which is right and which is an illusion..

8. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    I had a old school trainer who taught me you never sleep sitting up whether you’re waiting at a shipper or watching TV at home . It lessens the chance of you falling asleep at the wheel ..

Lav-25, wore out, RangerMelB and 7 others Thank this.
  9. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

Heard that back in the 80’s by my mentors.

Pulled in to the pickle park at the 48 yard line on 79 here in WV long ago in that same 83 362, white / blue stripes in this pic….

Was on my 2nd round trip back to Massachusetts, and hadn’t had much sleep.

Long story short….. I laid my head down on the steering wheel for a spell just for a quick nap.

Next thing I knew I was losing control, when my eyes opened I seen the guard rail across from me and was pulling the steering wheel off trying to get stopped.

I was good for a few hundred miles at that point……

68238361-639D-4B07-93CA-47DA1E08029A.jpeg

10. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    You ever research about all the ancient pyramids? No way did the Egyptians build them a few thousand years ago with just brute force, impossible. And a lot of them align exactly with other star systems in the night sky, Orion, Sirius. Some people are saying 30,000 years to even 50,000+ years old.

There's so much of our history that's been hidden or covered up for nefarious purposes. All the other missing books from the bible and so on. Some of the ancient monolithic structures you can't even slip a piece of paper in the seams and we're supposed to believe primitive man did that. Yeah ok

11. Northern Nomad

Northern Nomad Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2020
    The frozen north
    Can’t forget about this, may she RIP:

Lav-25 and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.