National 2 week quarantine??

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Soonermark, Mar 20, 2020.

1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Your math is wrong, but I’m guessing someone already mentioned it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Do you want to go first? ;)

4. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    When my number is up, I’ll go.

Am I going to step in front of a bus just to get to the other side of the street? No.

Would I run into a burning building to save a baby? Most likely.

To save a cat? Not likely.

I’m not religious or even spiritual really. I do know I’ve lived a good and full life. Is there more to live for sure.

Most of the blood males in my family don’t make it past 65 for lots of reasons. So I have lived my life accordingly.

I ain’t scared when it comes but I’ll keep having a ball till it happens.

One of my best friends passed away in December of cancer that started in his lungs after exactly 2 years of diagnosis. Never smoked or in risky situations.

As of the end of February his business is wiped off the face of the planet, wife has sold the house and moved out to Arizona. It’s like he never even existed.

Went to church every Sunday during the last 9 years I’ve known him. 67 years old.

Gone, just the same. Just like all of us will be too.

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I've been home for a couple of weeks now. We (California) are under a 'stay at home' order from the governor.We can go out for 'essential' purposes though. One of the items in the list below says no going to playgrounds. I did see several people at the golf course smacking balls while I was out for a walk. Doesn't a golf course qualify as a playground?

saferathome.jpg

650cat425 and PE_T Thank this.
  6. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Im not sure if California is really on a "shelter in place" order. My brother lives in Ridgecrest and Lemoore and hasn't been available to play Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare online all weekend!!!!!

650cat425 Thanks this.
  7. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    I just learned theres now a H5N1 variant of swine flu but in birds.....

650cat425 and PE_T Thank this.
  8. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    But the numbers you're seeing now are the people who got it two weeks ago. Ohio took very aggressive precautions early and whether they were right or not will become clearer in a couple of weeks. China went way ahead of what any democratic country could ever do and it has apparently worked well so Ohio has probably gone as far as it could have done and my bet is, in a little while, they'll be in front of the curve.

Personally I think all the western world must be going to get much more of a beating than China just because we're so much more democratic and our societies couldn't cope like their more controlled people.

And Florida is doing it's best to allow as many of the me generation as want to visit its beaches get as good a chance of picking it up and redistributing it as it can, such extremes in one country eh!

Big_D409, PE_T and 650cat425 Thank this.
  9. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Ok, maybe it is wrong. I took number of deaths and divided that by number of infections. How do you do it correctly? Not trying to be a smart***, actually asking for information.

PE_T Thanks this.
  10. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015

Nevermind. On calculator, .012 is 1.2%. My fault.

Wasted Thyme and PE_T Thank this.
  11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    what will happen when all the ones over 64 die, and then all the ones over 30 die....

shall i say good-bye to you now..???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.