Need advice from KY Based Carriers

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by AlphaRaptor, Mar 1, 2024.

1. AlphaRaptor

AlphaRaptor Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2021
    Trying to add a new owner operator living in FL, and KY is giving me quite the runaround about getting plates for him. I've had others join us out of state before, and usually send them to get their own IRP account to bypass the problem, but this guy just moved and changed his license, creating an issue with proof of residency.

If any other carriers in KY have been through the process and know how to get someone on your IRP, it would be a tremendous help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Fwiw, if the Florida driver registers to vote that will prove residency. I had to do it when I moved to Florida to get my license.

4. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    What if he don’t register to vote?
    Show bills with his name and address where you had lived for like advanced fed ID?

5. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    There’s like 3 forms of proof needed just to transfer a driver’s license. One being a utility bill but that doesn’t always work out. We’re required to charge our license within 30 days of moving but the utility bills aren’t always available in time.

I was short on form of proof when I moved here and was able to register to vote in the same complex quickly without losing my place in line.

Florida is quite the pia..

Judge Thanks this.
  6. AlphaRaptor

AlphaRaptor Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2021
    Not just them. My guy in Tx ran into a similar situation, they being extremely difficult on paperwork. None of this would be an issue if KY didn't make it a nightmare to get out of state trucks an apportioned plate on my IRP acct. If anyone knows how to do that without a crazy headache, let me know.

Concorde Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.