NEED AN ADVICE: NEW TRUCK DRIVER

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by mander.manpreet, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Are you in Canada?
    ~
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I'm going to fully agree. Accept this is an expensive lesson and go get a job with an honest carrier. Not really much else you can do. I would not pay them a dang dime voluntarily either. If they want their booty make them collect it!

5. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Sorry, mander.manpreet this forum is primarily made up of US drivers. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is:

1. This happened in Canada.
    2. You are not a Canadian citizen. Your Visa is tied to your employment. You are concerned with the, "debt" but also how this situation will affect your ability to live and work in Canada.

6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    It’s a common practice. You signed it. It happened to me once, for not returning a Trailer. I took it to a customer. Per their request. They then canceled my Lease agreement. Dirty Trick, they got me.

7. mander.manpreet

mander.manpreet Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2021
    Yes in canada, but I’m not worrying that I have to pay I know i made a mistake but they are charging for double the distance plus not paying me for last week.

8. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Send a letter back in the mail asking about the double charge and keeping the last weeks pay.

9. Cobrakaiguy

Cobrakaiguy Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2020
    Dallas
    Always return truck to a yard, take pics and get date, time and name, pic or vidoe of person there when you return it, I’m sure something you signed agreed to let them charge you those fees, and they may put abandonment on your DAC, report other companies are not fond of that, but may still hire you, it will prob be stuck on your credit but as time goes on it will be less of an issue, unless you pay the fees.

10. MadScientist

MadScientist Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2019
    They're counting the distance both ways because theoretically someone had to come from Jacksonville to where you left it to get it, then drive it back to Jacksonville. Or someone theoretically had to drive it to Jacksonville and then go back to where they started at the yard you left it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.