Need New Antenna's For Volvo

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Grumppy, May 20, 2023.

1. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    A year ago, I got a new '22 Volvo 760 which came prewired with two fiberglass whips on top of the mirror housing. They have the coil wrapped around the stick to the top.
    These are worn where the white casing is separating at the bottom allowing water to enter the base (I think). So, I need recommendations for a couple of new antennas.
    I don't need anything over the top, just something to work good with my current set up.

I have a Galaxy 33 that was tuned a few years back that's pushing about 20+/- watts.

Just looking for something to screw right in the old ones place. Not looking to out-talk anybody, or anything to brag about. I want something that's a really good antenna for my setup though. I'd prefer to spend my points at Pilot but if I need to order something on-line, I don't have a problem doing that.

What you say?

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Can't really go wrong with a Francis on that setup IMO, especially using Volvo's provided coax, no need to spend bookoo bucks on a setup that doesn't provide great performance out of the box.

Grumppy Thanks this.
  4. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I ran the Hustler FG27S Steel 4 foot antenna for 10 years. After driving over a rough railroad track on a gravel road everyday all week long, the antenna broke off after 7 years of abuse. I'm not sure why drivers don't use these antennas instead of the fiberglass antennas.

FG27S - Hustler Steel Center Load CB Antenna

Grumppy Thanks this.
  5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    x2 on Francis antennas.
    Their Fiberglass, so after some age, if you take them off wear gloves or splinters will occur.
    Very difficult to get out of hands.

Grumppy Thanks this.
  6. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Skip shooters....

Grumppy Thanks this.
  7. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Changing the mounting location outside the rear fairings will have a drastic improvement in performance

Grumppy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.