Need some driver advise...

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by svtreactor, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    If that’s the case then why can’t they save up money and buy a truck on their own? If they can’t manage their money now then how will they be able to manage their money when they have a truck?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr Uturn

Mr Uturn Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2021
    $300 a week? 20-30 years ago i would probably jumped all over that deal.
    (Yes it did the math and realize it comes to $31,300)
    So you shouldn't have any problem, getting someone to take that deal. I would include a manditory maint/ repair fund. Paid either weekly or per mile.
    Today I would smack you in the face for offending my intelligence with that deal. I have good credit, no past due child support or outstanding bills. A decent amount to put down if i was buying.

svtreactor Thanks this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Well sorry you don't pay the best in the industry.

Not everyone wants to be an owner operator.

You are going to offer junk to a new o/o and expect pay you a profit on self-financing?

Here is what I did with my old trucks that the drivers wanted to continue to drive when I offered them new trucks.

The offer is this - the driver gets a reduced percentage (4% less) telling them "drive for me for 18 to 24 months and you keep the truck".

The 4% covered all of it and when they made 18 months, and signed it over to them. Out of the few who took me up on the offer, not all left, some stayed 6 months after they got the truck to be owners.

5. svtreactor

svtreactor Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2013

This is a interesting one, maybe with longer month term, that would work out.

6. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Anyone working for someone trying to double their money every 2 years should examine their head.

None of us are saying selling someone a truck while they drive it is a bad idea, almost all of us are arguing with the joke of a profit margin you feel entitled to

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  7. svtreactor

Nov 28, 2013
    The reason why I didn't reply to you originally is because you lack business sense, you're an online troll. Yet you come back to the thread for another post. I asked for input, I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

You shouldn't worry about it, you'll be a company driver forever with your attitude.

8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I have a question

If someone takes you up on this deal, is it also written into the agreement this truck will run under your authority only or could I buy the truck and pay you 300 a week for 2 years and do whatever I want with it so long as I make the payments

9. svtreactor

Nov 28, 2013
    Under me, I'm just trying to basically copy Prime's lease to own deal. This is just truck A example with the $300 a week, I own 2018+ Cascadias that i'd probably throw in the mix. Rather deal with owner op's than company guys really..

Mr Uturn Thanks this.
  10. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Just say, “No.”
    That’s for that old antique truck, anyway.
    That’s a “spare” truck.

11. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    I will? You mean i wont own my own truck and trailer? Oh noes, here i thought the 94 kw in my driveway was actually mine because i paid for it with my own money, you mean it isnt? Youre probably going to have to hold my hand on this one to walk me through why the registration insurance and taxes and fuel and everything go through MY bank account...

gokiddogo and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.