NEMF (New England Motor Freight) is history.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Chinatown, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bumblebee101

Bumblebee101 Light Load Member

May 17, 2018
    Massachusetts
    Wow. Sisa or whatever it’s called came to New England to help dilute the market more. Tough business to be in.

4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Wow. That’s horrible.

5. DrummingTrucker

DrummingTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Yes sad to hear!! Kinda surreal though, they had ads here everywhere looking for city p&d and line drivers as well as dock workers. Less than a week ago.

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  6. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I’m quite sure, Nancy and her 200 million net worth, whose husband Paul McCartney with his 1.2 billion dollar net worth, will be just fine.

7. DrummingTrucker

DrummingTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Its not the owners I feel bad for..theyve made their dough..its the drivers, dock workers, office personnel who now have to find a job and support their families. But, they should be able to find employment.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Employment is easy to find these days. Best way is go through a staffing agency. Can go back to work the next day after becoming unemployed. Working through a staffing agency can lead to a good permanent job.
    My sister-in-law was knocking on doors looking for a decent job and here where we live, most companies told her, "We hire through staffing agencies." She tried that and went right to work and had a choice of several places to choose from.

Milkman719 and DrummingTrucker Thank this.
  9. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Just saw it, can't believe it. Local news was showing the distraught and confused workers. At least in NE Pa I think Kane, New Penn, Estes, Old Dominion and Pitt Ohio can absorb some of the drivers right away.

I just told my boss, actually surprised him. Any NEMFs wanna come work for us PM me. We're about to roll over our fleet in the next 12 months odd are good you'll get a new rig.

BigDog Trucker, bzinger and buddyd157 Thank this.
  10. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    “A severe shortage of drivers”

:biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

No kidding, I wouldn’t drive a flippin’ truck around New England for a penny less than $2,000 per week. Good grief, these CEO’s are so outta touch they’ll close shop before paying for good help.

11. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I looked into going over there years ago. I don't think their wages were all that bad. I believe they were union too, big pensions.

Because they handle general freight they require Hazmat so that was a pass for me. (As well as union dues, but again that's totally MY choice. Others can pursue what they want.)

As DNA Mach so succinctly demonstrated, there's not many drivers able to handle the Northeast, and NEMF is not a small company! This is going to have an affect on capacity up this way. And don't think for a second you OTR and company guys won't be forced by your megas loadplaners to come up here and snatch loads at 120% market rate.

Just stay out of the way of us locals and you'll be fine. (Oh, and don't try to find parking in Jersey either. That ****'s been over capacity for years.)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.