New Jersey Atop National List of Outbound Migration

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I think it was Hannity who lives in New Jersey and said that NJ state tax assessors have the right to enter your home to see if you have made any improvements for property tax assessment. If you refuse entry to them, they'll just tax you at the highest rate. The American Revolution started over far less.

bzinger and Chinatown Thank this.
  3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I remember one wealthy family in New Jersey moved their residence to Florida due to high taxes in New Jersey and no personal income taxes in Florida. It almost bankrupted the town in New Jersey because the town depended so much on the taxes that one family was paying.

4. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Lol Bruce Springsteen lives in colts neck ..monmouth County and wonder if he gives a tour to the assessor .
    Illinois , conn. And NY top that list too.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    That’s because New Jersey is dying.

You pay exorbitant taxes on everything you can possibly think. You will pay $10,000 a year in property taxes on a 2,000 square foot, 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bathroom colonial on 1 acre. You will keep paying more taxes to make up for all the people moving out in droves. You have some of the worst, most corrupt leadership in the country. You have insane laws on everything from draconian gun control to overpriced permits to build something stupid like a shed. You sit in INSANE traffic if you live inside the 287 beltway. You cannot use public transportation because it’s falling apart, with trains and busses constantly late or being cancelled. You will pay for beach tags to use beaches overcrowded with the bottom feeders of Pennsylvania. You have highways and roads so beat up, they make Michigan’s look smooth as butter.

I grew up in New Jersey, and I left in 2016 for greener pastures. I used to love living there, but it’s going downhill so fast. I hate what it’s become. Almost all of my friends and family have also left. My parents are still there, but are struggling to make ends meet. My father will be retiring in a few years, and he can’t wait to leave.

6. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    About 15 years ago I looked at moving to NJ for my job and will say I like NJ but when I saw what it was going to cost to live here i said no way !

mjd4277 and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I live in a residential area, not the tourist area, and the other day at a traffic light a couple blocks from my house, saw cars with tags from NJ, CA, CT, WY and some other state in the Northeast. Seeing more and more tags here from high tax states.

bzinger Thanks this.
  8. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I'm not surprised .
    Last Sunday night I was delivering in the caves at carthage mo and talking to a lady driver from Canandaigua NY whom had sold her house and moving to Phoenix , her kids there were moving to Texas .

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Lots of migration going on from state to state.
    I've been in those caves in Carthage; surreal. Saves a ton of money of electricity bills using those caves.

bzinger Thanks this.
  10. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    It actually affected the STATE of New Jersey.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AxAB&usg=AOvVaw1ZiCEydCXqWQEaOYTNPPlC&ampcf=1

bzinger and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.