New Jersey has over 200 crashes on Sunday

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Trucking in Tennessee, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    With over 58 years behind me, the only knowledge that I have learned over the years is to slow down in bad weather or PARK IT. Since you have "bragged" about know how, please respond with some lessons. I do not doubt that you know more than me, so please share your knowledge.

Never forget, trucking down 1-81 one snowy night, about 35 mph, here comes a Yellow, passed me and hollered, "hey you scared". I replied, "I have respect for the slick road and this is my truck, I don't want a wrecker bill". Well, few miles down the road. guess who was in the median. I just kept on trucking 35 mph. I got home, safe and sound.

allniter, Bud A., Opus and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I have a feeling straight trucks were included.

4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Reading is fundamental, people.
    It doesn't say "200 truck crashes", it says "200 crashes."

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    It's always gratifying in a situation like that, in a sick sort of way, like once, a reefer passed me on I-94, snowin' like a female dog, some guy passes us, hammer down, "it's not that bad, you wusses", sure enough, couple miles, there he was with his frozen pizzas scattered all over. I guess you summed it up pretty good, these drivers, for whatever reason, just lost that respect for a slippery road. I always wonder, the bosses of these trucks that are all askew, what, do they say, "oh, no problem, we'll get you another truck", I mean, is there any consequence for wrecking a truck these days? An older boss would take you out to the woodshed, and THEN fire you.

Bud A., mjd4277 and Grouch Thank this.
  6. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    OK, I'll admit it: Sometimes I start feeling like I know what I'm doing. I don't yell at anyone on the radio, but I get a little frustrated with drivers going 20 mph with their flashers on when it's safe to go, say, 45 or 50 mph at least. I mean, if it's spray coming off the tires, you're driving on water, not ice. They become a hazard by going so slow.

Then once in a while I'll get a sudden little surprise that humbles me and I have to remember to shut up and slow down and not be so crabby and arrogant sometimes.

Here's a recent one. The truck started slipping right as I was coming up on the pickup in the ditch. You can see it if you watch closely, lasted almost ten seconds. I had already slowed down, but I slowed down some more after that.

I've got another one where I was slipping and sliding coming down the north side of Kenosha Pass last week. I might get that uploaded in a day or so.

Edit: Link doesn't work because the first five letters of the name of the site is a naughty word, even though the two words, bit and chute, are divided between the third and fourth letters. :rolleyes: I'm working on making a youtube channel, but there are a lot of extremists on that site so I don't really want to.

7. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    And his pride.

8. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    That's because the states that get snow every year treat their roads with sand and salt. When Yankees come down here they assume the roads will be the same.

I remember a few years back we got a good hard ice storm here in Georgia and there were accidents everywhere you looked. The blathering idiots on the local new stations all started wailing why oh why didn't "they" pre-treat the roads? As if the city of Atlanta Georgia would own any sort of equipment like that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.