New Knight thread-bad times? Or not?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by tracyq144, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Yes 3 or 4 times with last going something like "can I please get my PO?" Why should a driver have to ask in the first place. I have said many times that there are people that fare well with Knight. Your friend is one of them. What do you suggest ? Should I have moved closer to another terminal in hopes of making this whole Knight thing work for me ?

Bigblue I dealt with some real POS's of crap at Knight. I have a fairly good idea of how the job of a truck driver works and Knight has based their whole business on giving drivers the short end of the stick.

Go read that post just posted in another thread from the Carlisle driver that is giving his two weeks. Tell him how your friend lives like a king off of Knight and then just assume that it's all his fault.

Knight is the true bottom of the barrell mega junk carrier run by dishonest idiots.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010

Just like to point out that the above routes are approximatively 3548 miles in 6 days in mostly 55 mph states, leaving her, at best 11.4 hours a day at legal speeds, not counting traffic, pre/post trip, fueling, drop and hook times and unload times.

Pathetic misinformation indeed.

The drive time alone is over 68 hours!

4. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I agree. Those high mileage claims from a "friend of a friend" are a bit atypical not to mention untrue.

So as we were saying, Knight is horrible and as you can see those that claim to be doing well are so full of shame they have to lie about the facts. Nobody get's ahead in life at Knight.

5. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    A common scenario at Knight...

Deliver a load at 1900 in Kansas City. It's a drop and there are no empties.

Drive 40 miles to the yard UNPAID and find an empty.

Get flat repaired on empty and get a mud flap when the shop opens in the morning. They do not have time to do the mudflap so you replace it yourself UNPAID.

Inform your dispatcher your ready to go. It's now 1000.

Load info arrives picking up at 2000 and delivering the following night in Oklahoma City at 1900. 345 paid miles but the kicker is it picks up 20 miles on the other side of your drop from the previous night. You will drive 95 miles and get paid for 15 miles.

Drive 100 miles after picking up before stopping for the night. Drive the remaining 250 miles to your delivery the next morning arriving around 1300. Luckily it's a live unload so the next day at around noon when you get your next load you'll at least have an empty. BTW you called the customer and no dice on delivering early but eventually you will learn that this tactic does not get you ahead at Knight. It only prolongs the wait until the next load.

Forget the "friend of friend" nonsense. I have been there and there is no Knight sympathizing middle man in my posts. Just the facts as I see them. So you think your going to bounce around the country week in week out running a bare bones minimum of 2500 miles per week. You most certainly will not. This is a short to medium haul carrier and if you think the drivers valuable time is factored into transit times, you would be wrong again. Interestingly, the only person I see defending Knight is someone who has never driven for Knight.

truckerdave1970 Thanks this.
  6. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    DNA, who do you drive for now?

7. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I drive for a small company. They have about 60 trucks and run us well. All miles are paid, good trucks, halfway decent trailers, fair benefits, and all the little things like 600-700 miles a day two days off a week, an overall appreciation for the driver and an understanding of the sacrifices and unpleasing things a driver occasionally deals with out here There nothing special just a breath of fresh air after having an employer blatantly steal and lie like theres no tomorrow. After spending a couple of years giving my best to conform to the mega carrier mantra I just finally through my hands up in disgust. It's all about saturation with the big companies. You drove 200 miles today ? The company did all right that day. I really lucked out with this company.

Knight was good for a long while but then all of the sudden, like clock work, my terminal manager was fired and the new guy came in. All was good when the original guy was there. Drivers that put forth the effort were compensated in the form of miles. The new kid would throw his best most dedicated drivers under the bus for a dollar. After all drivers are replaceable. He's been there awhile because he posses the qualities Knight requires and demands from their terminal managers. They feel drivers are garbage and once one that won't take it slips through the cracks he's gone, easily replaced. Knight makes me bitter.

8. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Did you actually count the days and miles or just get all giddy with the first number you came up with?

3548miles? She wishes ,try 3399 paid miles
    116+1189+122+1176+172+322+302=3399pd miles

6 days you say? 4/5 1day 4/6 2days 4/7 3days 4/8 4days 4/9 5 days 4/10 6 days and the one you missed 4/11 7 days. The trips where from 0730 on the 5th to 0300 on the 12th

11.4 hrs at speed limit? are you in trucking or just don't know how to log more then 11 hours a day driving?

11hrs +10 hrs break leaves how many hrs in a 24 hr period? yep 3 -1 pretrip -fuel stop and two 30min breaks still leaves 1.5 hrs of driving. You could actually log a max of 13.75 driving in 24hrs you just need a 10 hr break after the first 11 hrs.

drive time is 68hrs? 474/59 and 2925/54= 62.30+1.75pretrip-.75 fuel=65hrs total log time total unpaid miles added around another 1.5hrs . 70-66.5 leaves still 3.5 hrs for loading unload time. she logged total 69.25hrs before hometime on the 12th.Now whats pathetic is you don't know how to count or drive or log and you used the word indeed before you got a hug from DNA. I think you are a butler posing as a driver. And DNA it would not matter what anyone said. You are convinced because you failed at Knight that no one else could possibly succeed their. No ones lying to you DNA, your lying to yourself. You said after you where asked who you drive for "I drive for a small company" good, post on the company in the good company forum. I drive for a small company is not the name of any company I know of.:biggrin_255:

9. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Failed ? Oh I must have struck a chord with you. You sure do seem to take all these colorful discussions about Knight so personally. Why ? You have never driven for them. That makes your opinions about them null and void. What part of "drove 100 miles got paid for 15" is not registering with you ? Are you stupid or do you have a plush and well lit office on Buckeye Rd in Phoenix ?

Why would I want to post in the good company forum about my current job ? I'd rather stay here and do my part in dissuading drivers from considering working for your beloved Knight. I see nobody engaging you in a discussion about Knight and how they can manage their success with them. I do see though hundreds of pages of posts on how horrible of a company they are.

How funny is it that Knights most vocal supporter has never driven for Knight. That says a lot in it self.

YEA ! Drive a hundred miles for an empty trailer and not get paid for 15 miles ! That's just a quick but common example so don't get all worked over it. I'm not here for a one on one with a Knight cheerleader, I'm here to emphasize that Knight cares nothing about the success of one individual driver.

10. bigblue19

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

Who's defending Knight? I just like retorting on statements you make saying what happened to you will happen to everyone else BECUASE they happened to you. That is just not how it works.

I know people who got treated like dung at USX, but I worked their almost 7 years. I know people who love May trucking and think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Personally I thought they where mediocre and left after 6 months. If many your claims stuck to the facts I would not care, but most of your claims like everyone makes $250 to $300 a week are just carp, plain and simple. If these are the "facts as you see them". You need to see the Eye doctor for a prescription change.

So how about letting people with real actual facts about what is bad about knight post here. And you go post about your working at "I work at a small company" LLC.:biggrin_255:

11. bigblue19

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    But there are hundreds of pages on how bad Knight is, so whats the point on posting more when most are just rantings on how you failed there so everyone else will to. Kind of pointless when their are plenty of factual posts that are more helpful because they are factual and not just embittered rantings from someone who does not drive anymore.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.