New Macks

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by wsyrob, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Mike_77

Mike_77 Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2017
    My thoughts exactly.

x1Heavy and Jazz1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Yep,, too much 80 grit plastic but considering the usual suspects will be calling it home it is more durable than pleated leather and easier to clean if that ever happens

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    We have the double bunk Lego Macks...if you want to sit up in the bottom bunk with the top bunk down(like to watch tv or use the pull out drawer for a laptop), you have to be shorter than 5'5" tall. They raised the bottom bunk's height in order to put some storage bins you can access by opening the bunk, but didn't raise the top bunk to make up for it...we have one driver who is 5'7" and tried to keep the top bunk down for storage, and kept hitting the back of his head getting into bed. W/O the upper bunk as storage, this POS doesn't have 1/2 the storage room the Pinnacles did since they don't have the over-the-cab shelf anymore. We have had some of our long-term drivers quit because they put them in one and refuse to let them get back into a Pinnacle, and I agree 100%, put me in one, and I'll drive it long enough to find another job. This truck is one of Macks biggest fails. If you're a regional driver, these might be o.k. for storage, but OTR, just a bad choice. Plus, ours came with the Wingman - Fusion nanny brake system...not sure if it's standard equipment or an option...I refuse to drive a truck with that system installed.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  5. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    I like it... the interior anyway. I never really cared for Macks one way or the other but they are growing on me. I am currently driving a 2014 pinnacle with flat roof (I mostly haul flatbeds). No storage to speak of in it, but it runs down the road so smooth and quiet, way better than the brand new freightliner I drove at the last company.

MartinFromBC and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    Is Superior buying these? I saw one in Morrow, but it is white. I thought maybe O/O. Are they the new Pinnacles? I've seen Highway Transport (they nearly copy us) use them. They look heavy but way more room.

7. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    That was a company truck on the yard in High Point. Not a Pinnacle. Different model. I was just happy to see more head space and storage.

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Pump/compressor too......?

9. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    Cool. They should just buy those instead of the Prostars. They look good.

10. Full of Roads

Full of Roads Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2018
    Do you have any other interior pics you can post? Thank you for sharing.

11. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    No I just took those 2

MartinFromBC and Full of Roads Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.