New to the game trying to get started. Class b so far western oa

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by rfraser31, Oct 23, 2018.

1. rfraser31

rfraser31 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2018
    New to the game and looking to get started. I currently have a class b but will be getting a class a next spring. About to but a truck and trailer but unfortunately gonna be limited to a 10k til next year. Main question is that a good start? Western pa area is my location

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Ok - settle down tiger. You’re double posting.

Patience . . . The wolf will be there, directly.

rfraser31 and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. rfraser31

rfraser31 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Haha sorry man I don’t do forums much was just trying to get my foot in the door to be able to message someone drone my area. Read this forum nonstop though

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  5. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    That’s ok. This is a great forum.

Thick skin required, but you learn a lot.

6. rfraser31

rfraser31 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Haha thick skin is needed anywhere anymore. I was just stating my point that’s all. I know you guys have been at it for a long time and stay active on here so I figured I’d get my foot in the door here

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  7. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Now, there’s some obvious questions.

- Business plan
    - Business plan,

And wait - let me think of it, aaah yes . . .

- Business plan.

What’s the plan, Stan? :)

8. rfraser31

rfraser31 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Haha well plan a is to get the hell out of my job haha.

Mostly plan on hauling due to my weight restriction I guess just partials and ltl freight. I’d like to get into hauling pipe to the pipeline in the Tristate area though

And to add I know nobody in this industry so any help is appreciated. I’m not completely stupid when it comes to trucking I’ve been a diesel mechanic 8 years now just time to change. Definitely a lot of rules to learn though that I’ve been researching

9. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    @rfraser31 I've just removed several of your threads in various places around our forum. As Blair said, settle down a little. The help will come but you must exercise patience.

10. SheBWheeling18

SheBWheeling18 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2018
    I started out with a class B and eventually got my Class A this year. The good thing about that is that you have some experience behind a commercial size vehicle and will likely not have to take as many written test, so kudos! Buying a truck is a major purchase with many responsibilities while also being an exciting step so best of luck on that too! Me personally, my goal is to acquire 1-3 trucks in the future but my preference is to to learn all that I can as an employee to work out the kinks on someone else's dime if you know what I mean:). I will tell you if I read you correctly, purchasing a tractor and trailer for 10K is a huge hill to climb if you're looking for equipment for longevity, that is: If you're a diesel mechanic or know someone in that field that will be a huge help! Being in PA in the winter, me personally, I would try to work for a company first so that I could learn the roads and how to navigate them in bad weather without the self employment expense, insurance, repairs etc. Regardless of your decision good luck and Be blessed!

11. rfraser31

rfraser31 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Sorry for the miscommunication I’m not looking to get into it for 10k but looking for hauling without a class a to start so I can’t pull more then a 10k trailer. Main problem is that I recently got a dui so I don’t know how bad insurance is gonna get me for

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.