No fly list and hazmat

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by Mototom, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    So when I was a teenager I got put on a literal no fly list. Is it even worth the effort of trying to get my hazmat endorsement?
    I didn’t do anything wrong, I was never accused or suspected of a crime or etc.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Apply and find out.

Valuable Asset Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    tscottme Thanks this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

If you were put on an civil airline "no-fly list" that has nothing to do with HazMat. Click on the link in Kemosabi49's post. There is a list of offenses that disqualify you forever and another list for offenses that disqualify you for a few years.

6. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Why were you put on the no fly list? If you don't know, what's your best guess?

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It would have to be a one hell of a crime to be put on a civil no fly list as a basic teen. God knows ive got a couple of things in those days but thats drastic and unheard of.

I would go along with Kemo, apply and find out.

8. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    No idea about the OP, but lots of people with the same name were put on the no fly list. There are numerous reports of children, even infants, with the same name as a legitimate* target being put on the list. Unfortunately it has proved to be nigh on impossible for many of them to get off the list. That goes double for many foreign nationals even if their governments vouch for them.

*And sometimes "legitimate" is a dubious definition.

Northeasterner and tscottme Thank this.
  9. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    Spot on anyone can be on that list kids, some were even on our most former president close circle couldn't even board a plane because he was on a no fly list. You don't need commit a crime per say just be banned from a plane at any time and you will never be taken off the list.

10. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Spitting at a flight attendant can be plenty to get put on an airline's no-fly list. If someone can only fly juiced up on alcohol someone has a drinking problem.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.