No overnight parking City of Industry, LA

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by IluvCATS, Aug 6, 2017.

1. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Ive arrived at my unload in Los Angeles area, City of Industry. Unload in the morning. Assignment sheet said overnight parking. Rolled in with barely anything left on my clock to find a locked gate. In fact this whole city is non-stop locked gates, red painted curbs and 24 hour security guards. Whack. Whackus Maximus.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GregH65

GregH65 Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Modesto, California
    COI is not truck friendly. I'm here now in a hiding spot that usually stays unmolested by the pd.

4. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Aye.... it's been about 6 years since I was there, and was granted a gate code to escape the PD.
    Seems like they only bothered people who were idling back then, a lot could have change by now though.

Dave_in_AZ and FullMetalJacket Thank this.
  5. beardedsinner

beardedsinner Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Texarkana, TX
    COI is tough , I've had luck getting there before they lock the gates , and they've allowed me to sleep it off inside the gates.....but you are stuck until they unlock the next morning ......but in my opinion , sleeping behind the gates for the night is peaceful and way better than the alternative

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Welcome to CDI. Get out and go to Ontario TA until you can get sorted with delivery when it's open and not a minute before.

CDI contains a mountain of very extremely valuable stuff. I order and ship high dollar computer parts from there via air for example. They cannot be lost, stolen or damaged. One of our sister companies used to go in there and load CPU's by the trailer load. Millions....

7. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Here is my secret parking spot since I won't be needing it anymore.

13401 Crossroads Pkwy N, City of Industry, CA 91746

8. LWT104

LWT104 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Around the corner
    Tonner cyn has room. Off the 57. Or southbound would say brea blvd. Turn left on a turn onto tonner cyn. Plenty o room. My old stomping ground.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte

TheTruckersWife, IluvCATS and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Somebody took pity on me. The dude doing the pressure washing next door talked to the security guard and I was told go ahead and stay on their property 1 time there. Nice people.

Smut, Rocks, Dave_in_AZ and 1 other person Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is a small produce market in south central that is a protected and closed facility by day and evening. Usually when I sprout the name of the produce shipper inside the property, the gaurd lets me in to sit next to it ready to go come 2 am.

If you reefer people havent gotten into that yet, try it. It's way better than tire thumping idiots off both your tanks at 4 in the morning trying to score a cash based lumping job off you at the gates.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.