No parking at Walmart

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JonJon78, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    It's not just truckers that are dirtbags, but when signposts and even light poles are folded onto the ground and no disabled vehicle is next to it, it's not hard to figure out it was a truck that did it. Not only that, but most WalMarts have cameras recording the parking lot.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    there was a time when a job i had, me and my co-workers would stop at the Sunoco mini-mart off exit 57 N.B in CT, for our coffee, hot dogs, snacks, whatever, then be on our way.

there is a shopping mall (small one) behind there, and ALL truckers used to park there go get thier coffee, and take off, of spend thier 8 hours.

then i'd too see bent light poles.

then shortly after that, traffic islands, VERY NARROW at that, a truck could not get in, and any deliveries had to circle around the back service road.

we could not even park on the service road, local or state troopers would kick us out, even when they could clearly see we were holding our coffee cups or dogs. making sure they'd yell at us, not to park on the service road, at like 2 AM in the morning, NO traffic on I-95, much less on a freaking service road..

all thanks to a few morons that "hit and run"..

and people wonder why truckers are hated, even amongst ourselves!!

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I always get a kick out of seeing that on a median strip. :rolleyes:

D.Tibbitt and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  5. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Since I have been in the industry the places that truckers park are typically trashed up . It's a all to common occurrence and one that I am ashamed of .

D.Tibbitt and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  6. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    I was in a walmart in va in a sprinter. I bought some wheel discs and installed them while parked on the lot.

I looked for a garbage can and none [0] to be found so I put it in an empty shopping cart and when the employee came around to collect the cart he took the cardboard out of the cart and threw it on the ground. SO IDK.

Rideandrepair and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  7. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    Why not put the packaging in the van until you fuel somewhere?

autopaint, LoboSolo, Lite bug and 2 others Thank this.
  8. REALITY098765

Sep 17, 2017
    Yes but the other side of the coin is why should the truckstop be responsible for Walmart's garbage and why don't walmart's have garbage cans around the lot. Some do but they are few between.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  9. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I dont think I've ever seen a Walmart that didn't have garbage cans near the cart corrals... Every single one of them has garbage cans near the front entrance and of course big dumpsters in the back. That would require to much work for the pig that left them in the shopping cart.

SoulScream84, jsnell and Lite bug Thank this.
  10. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    It's not WalMart's garbage. It's the buyer's garbage.

11. REALITY098765

Sep 17, 2017
    If I had a choice I would agree but I don't. There is no need for all that plastic and over packaging. Walmart is making a profit on that needless packaging.
    Retailers are forcing the garbage on the consumer they should have recycling somewhere but no. let the consumer pay to get rid of it.
    To be fair some places have a big recycling bin on the lot but not enough do.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.