No Public Restrooms…

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by LoSt_AgAiN, Oct 20, 2019.

1. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    I can’t believe we let any shippers or receivers get away with refusing to let us use the facilities.

FlaSwampRat and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I cant believe it's not butter!

LoSt_AgAiN and WesternPlains Thank this.
  4. senelcoolidge

senelcoolidge Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2018
    central florida
    If you have to drop a load than you have to drop a load if you know what I mean. They should understand.

LoSt_AgAiN and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Well, yesterday afternoon I had a low coolant message, and after I got out and filled the coolant, the truck would not clear the error, so I could not roll. Turns out that the coolant level sensor was damaged.

In the end I spent 6.5 hours on the side of the road waiting for service. I had been driving for a few hours before that.

Of course, about three hours after I pulled over, I needed to use the restroom. Managed to hold it a couple hours, but shortly before the tech arrived, I pulled out the sealed 5 gallon bucket with odor-eating kitty litter in it, and took care of business.

If you even think I am going to take a dump on the side of the interstate in the dark when it's snowing, and the wind is blowing, you're nuts.

I will replace the 1-use bucket next time I get close to a Hardware store.

FlaSwampRat and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  6. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I’ve never had anyone tell me I can’t use their bathroom.

if they did I’d piss right on their doorstep.

7. Mike Hardin

Mike Hardin Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2019
    I've never been to a shipper or receiver that didn't have restrooms drivers could use. I've been to a few that limited us to the guard shack restroom. I keep a wide mouth plastic jar under my bunk to use for a urinal during the night when I don't want to get dressed to walk to a restroom. I could use it at a shipper or receiver if I had to.

8. Mike Hardin

Mike Hardin Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2019
    I've never had to do it, but I wouldn't hesitate to take a dump in my trash can with a plastic liner in it if I had an emergency. I keep toilet paper on the truck just in case that need ever arises. Take the liner out with the offending matter and dump it in the trash at the next truck stop. It's no different than disposing of dirty diapers.

tommymonza, LoSt_AgAiN and dwells40 Thank this.
  9. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    And this is exactly why I have a bucket with a seat and a heavy duty trash bag over the whole contraption.

Do my business and wrap it up and throw it out the window at the first mega doing 61 in the manner lane.

I’ve finally figured out how I am going to fit a shower and head in my 72 inch eagle and possibly a composting head though the trash bag bucket is pretty clean and easy.

Only think different with the composting would be a urine separator and throwing some peat or chips on done business

You couldn’t give me a chemical toilet having grown up on boats all my life.

Nowadays new boats have Vacuflush.

LoSt_AgAiN Thanks this.
  10. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    Beg to use the restroom. Then take the lid of the tank. Poop in the tank.

You have just given them a

UPPER DECKER!

They could have avoided this, not your fault.

autopaint, LoSt_AgAiN and 650cat425 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.