Nussbaum transportation

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by SpongeBob34, Mar 31, 2024.

1. SpongeBob34

SpongeBob34 Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2018
    I would say Nussbaum transportation is a very fair company to drive for. The Company is owned by us, the employees. Because it is owned by us it doesn't matter if you drive a truck, are in operations, maintenance or administration, we all work together for a greater purpose and treat each other with respect.

The pay is very good and includes minimum guarantee pay, door to door not zip to zip miles pay, detention pay, layover/breakdown pay, pick up pay, delivery pay, trailer relay pay, trailer shuttle pay, and bonus pay.

Getting home weekly is important to me and my family. Operations know it is important and does everything in their power to get me home. You can of course stay out on the road as long as you like.

Without getting too detailed we have an Employee Stock Option Plan, 401k with match, full coverage health insurance including health, dental, and vision plans. paid vacation, 8 paid holidays and more.

I believe in my heart there is not a better company to drive with.

Lonesome, DonRobbie, wulfman75 and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Is Squidward in dispatch? :p :D

Or is he a load planner?

-- L

4. climbthiswave

climbthiswave Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2023
    I’m currently trying to get hired on right now. Do you run van or flatbed? I know their flatbed is very small.

5. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    I will say.. I don't think I've ever had a negative experience with a Nussbaum truck and I've never seen any of your all's equipment in rough shape.

The trailer designs are awesome, trucks are gorgeous for an aero truck, and the drivers are always respectful. Only con I could think of is you all are governed pretty slow, but that doesn't matter if you all are getting paid well.

Top tier carrier IMO, from an outsider POV.

6. Sons Hero

Sons Hero Road Train Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Indiana
    I was gonna say the same thing, awesome trailer design/wraps, but sloooowww trucks.

bryan21384 and Thrasher28 Thank this.
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Nussbaum looks the part. I remember one of their drivers tried to recruit me to drive for them in order to get their "black quota" up lol. They have nice equipment and they cover some territory for real. Never met an unhappy driver with them. That red is sharp!

Lonesome, wulfman75, H827OUT and 3 others Thank this.
  8. SpongeBob34

SpongeBob34 Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2018
    I run van. Are you working with a recruiter?

9. DonRobbie

DonRobbie Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Midwest
    I looked into them several years ago and from what I read their drivers were generally happy but they were a bit on the edge between caring about their employees and being a nanny. Lots of color commentary about your weight and personal habits.
    Back then I was half again more the man than I am today so I didn’t pursue it. Like I said though, my impression was if you are a good fit for the culture you’ll do well.

Blagoje Thanks this.
  10. Blagoje

Blagoje Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Sheboygan, Wisconsin
    I reached out to Nussbaum recently and everything looked good aside from the fact that they use driver facing cameras and their recruiter told me that they only activate in the event of certain event. I was told the same thing when I worked for Roehl Transport about their driver facing cameras and only after I began working for them I found out that they use that camera to spy on their drivers all the time. I don't know if Nussbaum is similar but when I hear someone mention "nanny" to describe the kind of culture they have in their company my ears perk up. My hometown is in Central Illinois and my brother went to school at Illinois State so I'm very familiar with the area they are based out of and I would be very happy to work for them but the camera thing is a deal breaker for me.

11. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Nope I would never drive for anyone with driver facing cameras.... forward facing okay...but nope Not driver facing...invasion n mistrust comes to mind

Blagoje, Concorde and Vic Firth Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.