OCTAGON GROUP INC

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Pitchford72, Nov 1, 2023.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Apparently "Octomum" is doing quite well she actually had 14 children all up, 6 + plus the 8 Octuplets. All through In vitro fertilization. www.the-sun.com/news/4563608/what-octomom-nadya-suleman-doing-now/

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    What is terrible about Octagon Group? I'd like to hear all 8 sides to the story.

4. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Why else would we have Guido and Morty on speed dial? Their numbers can be just as handy as Kevin's or Jerry's or Randy's.

5. HammerHead72

HammerHead72 Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2023
    I agree octagon group is probably the biggest one of the biggest ripoff companies in Chicago I too started off with the least purchase could not make a dime for 8 weeks I did not make a dime switch me over to company driver all the sudden I'm making $1,800 a week hauling the exact same Freight to and from the exact same places that I couldn't make it as a lease operator of course they don't show you any rate cons they do force you to run illegal they edit your log book so you don't even have to call and ask and then they figure it's why would they pay somebody $1,800 to drive the truck when they can get somebody else to drive it for another 8 weeks and not have to pay nobody a diamond make 100% profit so yeah they kept me for two weeks brought me back to Chicago and told me the truck had to go to the shop to be serviced and then just wouldn't answer their phone calls or wouldn't answer their phone owe me about $1,800 in driver's wages so yeah I would definitely stay away from this company and Milo octagon he is definitely a crook

6. HammerHead72

HammerHead72 Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2023
    Well one reason people like the other guy stayed for 4 weeks and I stayed for eight is because they keep telling you no just give it another week just give it another week you know it was at least purchase you know you get a two weeks into it or three weeks into it and then you kind of hate to give up you know but I just had to switch me over to a company driver because you know they said that was an option and yeah it was an option like I said for two weeks you know as far as elaborating forcing you to do illegal logging they didn't force me to do it they just took it amongst themselves to edit my logbook without my permission without me saying anything requesting it I would lay down and no sooner than sleep three or four hours and my phone would go off and it would be one of them telling me that I can get up and drive now because I had a full shift reset well they want you to run run that truck so they can make 100% profit about as bad as superego in fact they're all kind of like falling into the same kind of little scam steam scenario I mean that's what Trucking is after 33 years of being a truck driver that's what it's turned into no sudden everybody will do you at least purchase and everybody tells you the same old bull crap and you know why there's you know some guys make it and some guys don't but a lot of these companies nah it's just a scam you're just paying for somebody else's truck you're paying for the fuel you're paying the taxes and you're paying them all the revenue you know they come from different countries most of these guys that you know like the people that don't knock the gun group you know and it's not anything to do with them being foreign except for the fact that they're here they see a way to make millions and millions of dollars off of the hard work from an American and absolutely will like to work us to death and not ever pay not one dime absolutely that is their goal to not have to pay anyone to collect all the money for themselves the stack it off so they can send it off to another country back home or are they going to eventually move back home themselves I don't know what their deal is but I'm sure there's going to be some people that flip out and disagree but there's going to be a lot of them well you know there's two sides there every story you know and some people just see it for what it is have experienced it and then there's others that don't but they're going to have an opinion and you know it's going to be disagreeable but till you've actually been scammed by one of them probably doesn't have the right to have an opinion or be offended you want to be offended you go try working for somebody you truck 3000 miles a week two or three four weeks because you know you can't just keep jumping job the job because that's the thing now too I wonder how many jobs you've had in the last so many months or years you know if you had too many they won't hire you you know I mean it's pretty much like they're going to run you into the dirt they ain't going to pay you and I mean this is the new American way down the way they are I don't care whatever it's just like the company I'm not going to say who they are that I I'm running for now they don't give a confirmations why well because they cut the rate they get the load from a broker in $2,000 and they take $1,000 of it straight off the top and then offer it to their company or their owner operators their least purchase drivers because that's all they have for half the price and then want to take 12% of that too you know I got I've caught him they admitted it in their orientation I should have got to have walked out then and I didn't with the company I'm with but you know I'm willing to try but guess what well here we are 3 weeks into I go in the hole every week but yet I run 3,000 to 4,000 miles a week if you got to take their loads you know that don't even hardly pay over a dollar a mile which I know the load pay two dollars a mile because I talked to the broker first on one or two of these said loads that I've hauled that oh yeah you know it was posted for two grand these people got hold of it and they only want to give you 900 bucks for it they put you in a predicament where you ain't got a choice you either take it or set so that's why the rates are down that's exactly why I call it double broken if you don't own the trucks if you are taking Freight from a broker taking money off the top and then giving it or Contracting it out to a owner operator at least on to your company running under your MC's to me that's just double broken but I don't know it is life it is Trucking after 33 years I hang my head in shame everything in this country for sale the trucking industry got sold few years back well the problem is ain't none of us Americans got paid for it

7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    33 years trucking and you waited 8 weeks for your money? I wouldn't have waited 8 days.

88 Alpha, Lonesome, TB John and 3 others Thank this.
  8. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Money has always been just a secondary consideration for moi. I work for the sheer joie de vivre mes amis.:cool:

Opus and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    Please tell me that this is voice to text that Google or Apple typed for you.

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    yeah, that is one llllooonnnggg sentence....

Bud A., TB John and Opus Thank this.
  11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Is that right? Howse come, at the old famous B**B&*B*, if someone was a few minutes late with the money transfer payment, you used to start muttering profanities, and pacing back and forth. I remember the times it was all Inga could do, to calm you down. She had some magic, that was always done behind closed doors.....

TB John Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted