Ok, I’ll ask…

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dumdriver, Aug 1, 2020.

1. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    This is how I always viewed him, and I mean this in the best and most endearing way possible.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 650cat425

650cat425 Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Pennsyltucky
    Well, I liked the guy... I had patience and was amused because I believe he really had been there and done that. Was it embellished and inflated everytime he told a story? You bet your hindquarters it was. But he never meant any harm.

That being said, you're not nearly as much like him as ya think. Lol. Your posts are always coherent. You don't post (that I've ever seen)things that don't make a point or aren't purposely entertaining. I really like reading your material, but for different reasons than I did with x1.

Wherever he may be, if he's no longer with us, I hope he got a big ride to go with his big stories and personality.

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Man i miss heavy... i didnt believe every word of his stories . Its kinda like the movies "based on a true story" thats what x1 was. The story itself was true but had some hollywood action to help move em along. I hope hes doin ok . It aint the same around here without him

5. 650cat425

650cat425 Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Pennsyltucky
    That has to be the best description of him anyone could ever give. Lol

6. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    My favorite was of him failing his first CDL test. His Dinosaur got sick.
    Then his running the 20 Mule Team for US Borax.
    Then when he got old. They invented the internal combustion engine.

7. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
  8. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    I’ve been wondering the same thing. I hope he is well.

D.Tibbitt and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  9. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

He was having health issues at one point, but nothing so serious as bout to pass away. At lest I never got that out of his posts. i could be wrong of course, not like folks have to share everything on here. i was actually thinking the same the other day, but eh, I'll be optimistic.

If someone is friends with him on here and could reach out with a pm or email that would be cool. As others said...he may have written a novel with every post, but he meant well and was a good guy from my own experiences. Usually in the WIIS thread. Far as facts vs fiction...I dunno, and don't really care. I know plenty of fishermen and golf, so I'm use to exaggeration and a good round of ############. Say what you want about the truth, but he could tell a story. lol.

He was far from the worse on here. I have to admit, hurricane season isn't the same without him. He was always right there to post up any info i didn't have.

I also find it odd he just upped and left. Don't know the reasons why, and I suppose it's really none of business. I know he's stepped away before for a break, but can't say it's the same this time.

I hope he is well, and happy with whatever he may be doing, or wherever he may be.

Sirscrapntruckalot - If you've herd this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again. - Groucho Marx

[​IMG]

10. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I would like to tell a brief story about my friend "Frankie" to illustrate a point. "Frankie" lives in the same apartment complex I live in. He is retired from the US Navy working as a civilian at the US Navy Weapons Station here in Hampton Roads. He is also about 12 years older than I am. With this COVID thing, neither of us should be out because both of us have health issues and are at risk. I do speak to him almost every day via phone. One of the last times we spoke he expressed his fear about his youngest daughter. He was asking me if I have seen her as she was only a baby and his wife was already out looking for her. I did my best to comfort "Frankie" and hung up with a lump in my throat. "Frankies" wife died almost 8 years ago and his daughter is now in her 40s and already has grandkids herself.

Dementia is a serious problem all across the world. I am not saying this is the case here, but it would explain some of the things this person has posted in these forums over the years. I have actually had a good laugh at some of his postings. He sometimes reminded* me of one of my favorite authors, Tom Clancy! Fantastic writer, just really verbose! I also miss his ramblings as well!

* Reminded only! No way would I compare Tom Clancy to this poster!

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I think there was at least SOME element of truth to what he had to say, with a fair bit of embellishment thrown in for spice.

One thing I did have to correct him on was the location of Sysco in Pocomoke. That’s at the 8 MM on US13, while he said the 116 MM. I figure he was getting Sysco confused with Holt Paper in Salisbury, at the 116 MM on US50.

It’s probably not hard to conflate those two if you haven’t been down that way in a few decades.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.