Old (pre 2000) Trucks vs New Models

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bret1984, May 5, 2022.

1. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Keep in mind every time someone buys the latest and greatest something new they just put the technology that is making us obsolete one step farther ahead.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lexuslane

Lexuslane Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2021
    Lol

unless your voice and opinion comes with a bribe , uh, I mean a campaign contribution,
    Ain’t no politician or anyone appointed by a politician gonna listen to what you think .

4. dirthaller

dirthaller Heavy Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Coloratah
    I share your optimism……..unfortunately!

5. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Gotcha .. sometimes I'am really slow

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2022
  6. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Speed limiters for trucks is already going to happen. It’s already been decided.

Leftest green new deal. “30 days for public comment” is the tell. I wouldn’t be shocked with 60 mph?

If it was for safety all the states would already have lower limits. Notice California ( green state ) is already at 55? It’s a emission thing!!!

Again it’s already decided.

7. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Sometimes I can't sit still. Even if I know my effort is in vain. At least I can say I tried, I didn't just bend over.

8. 59EX

59EX Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015

It's not just emission problems only. My Cascadia has had some issues that are criminal that I have to deal with.

Saying that, I'm already married to my truck as is, I can only image trying to maintain a 30 year old truck. Maybe if you bought it from somebody you know or you've had it for a while outright. But buying something now? You're picking up somebody else problem child. A guy I know spent over $50K in two years on his T600. That's NOT including the down time.

9. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I submitted a comment. I hope many others do. 3,000 odd comments in 3 days -

The majority of fleet trucks are governed already, and I see what mayhem it already causes.

This would be a disaster for safety.

10. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    And. If they can’t get the trucks already on the roads retrofitted fast enough they will require everything to have it from factory in 2023 on. Idiots that keep trading up for new all the time will shoot themselves in the foot with next purchase.

11. Bret1984

Bret1984 Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    So initially it was level 4 is where the human component gets eliminated. Then they changed it saying that there's still a human in the cab at level 4 then added level 5 that eliminates the human element. Latest update is level 5 now has someone in the cab. The entire time it's remained mutually agreed upon that we're still working to develop level 3. We're here for the long haul.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.