Ontario California Truck Stops

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Lonewolf2000, Feb 9, 2019.

Which is Better

Poll closed Feb 16, 2019.
  1. TA

15.4%
  2. Petro

84.6%
  1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I used to ask the waitresses if they had any receipts that were left by others. They always gave me enough to cover parking. Glad I don't go out there anymore.

D.Tibbitt and fss99701 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Yea and then you get the half asleep guy who came in the exit and has to get turned around to back in. Wake up to a calm lot, a few minutes later put the seatbelt on, release the brakes.....wait a minute...what’s he doing....WTH is going on now?

D.Tibbitt, Trucker61016 and JC1971 Thank this.
  4. precariousthoughts

precariousthoughts Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2015
    I deliver to Fontana the majority of the time. So I end up over there a lot waiting for my next load. If I come in earlier I go to Petro, it's a little better and they have 30 showers as opposed to the TA that has like 12.

If I go in late and have to reserve parking I go to TA, they have a little corral that's next to the gate, it's far easier than Petro's that is really tight and at a weird angle

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  5. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    ROFLMAO, That S*** is nasty.
    I miss the old 76 truck stop before Tits and ### (T/A) took it over. #### i am old. lol

Joetro and fss99701 Thank this.
  6. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Two T/A travel plazas across from each other. What a way to monopolize the ravel plaza industry, and line the pockets of their overpriced items in their stores. Paid to park, buy their high priced items in store, or their high priced fuel, or pay for high dollar parking.

7. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Mind y'all, I don't go out to Cali much at all, so I certainly can't speak from intimate experience, but just for curiosity's sake I pulled up both locations on Google Maps and Good Lord do those places look like a clown show! That Petro in particular... how are trucks fueling on those first three or four lanes to the right supposed to get out with the corner of the building RIGHT THERE in front of it? Then it looks like trucks just stacked up on top of each other (which I've dealt with enough in Tulsa, Texarkana and most of the major Texas metros). Good bless y'all for enduring that mess!

8. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Excellent driving skills, and avoiding it whenever you can. I'd rather either up to Castaic, wheeler ridge to the T/A before going to Ontario. Head East to either the Pilot in Palm Springs, or make a run for the Arizona border

D.Tibbitt and Buc Thank this.
  9. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Y'all know better than me. I've been out to LA once--the port of Long Beach to be specific--but after dealing with that, reloading in Rancho Cucamonga and fighting the rat race up the 15 out of there I told myself "never again". (Of course this was also over four years ago, and I've grown quite a bit since then so I might get back out there eventually.)

Then again...after spending years being in and out of Chicago 3-4 times a week, Atlanta about the same, Houston, and the five boroughs and LI (which comparatively speaking really ain't THAT bad as long as you know where you're going), if I had to get back out to LA IdI probably manage.

Either way, huge salute to you guys who live and work out there on a daily basis.

10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    LOL..For me, driving "back east" ends somewhere around Reno or maybe Salt Lake City.
    If I had to drive in Chicago or Atlanta or New York I'd probably go into some kind of meltdown and they'd have to ship me home on a bus.
    I go to Portland and Seattle occasionally but that's about all the big city driving I do.
    I'm used to California driving and California drivers but LA, no matter how many times I drive down there, still makes me grind my teeth.
    The only place worse than LA is downtown San Francisco. That's a real zoo.

11. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    The TA is my choice... but, Petro isn’t bad either,, I did get hit once in the paid TA parking area up front by the fuel islands. It’s set up a little weird.. and the Petro paid area is set up blindside backing at an angle when the trucks across from you are parked straight.. if you get one of the last spots it’s almost impossible to get into it... ugh

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.