Opinions working in coca cola class A

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Jmelendez1223, Dec 24, 2019.

1. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    People take that Coke and Pepsi thing way to serious. If you work for Coke or Pepsi and wanted to drink a competitors product on the clock, just get you a plain Styrofoam cup and drink whatever you want. Its not like they re going to come around to ask what you have in the cup

dptrucker and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LPjunior1970

LPjunior1970 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2019
    All they asked of us was we would appreciate it if you didn’t consume a competitors product in a company vehicle. I drank whatever was paying my bills except for water until they gave in and provided dasani free.

4. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I used to work at Pepsi well Buffalo Rock which was a Pepsi bottler. I had to laugh and shake my head when new guys come in with Powerade, Sprite, and Minute Maid bottles. They had to pour it in a cup and finish it and was told that was their only warning

Cardfan89 and LPjunior1970 Thank this.
  5. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    People who take cola, or food service jobs , basically slave plantation work in the trucking industry. What's the long term goal? I highly doubt most people want to spend 30 years lumping 40k pounds by hand every night . When I see guys like well I'm going to do a year otr tanker than get into fuel hauling , that makes sense and it's something people do long term .

austinmike and bigkev1115 Thank this.
  6. LPjunior1970

LPjunior1970 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I started in the early 90’s when I was fairly young still and it was a good job for this area. Start at 5am and done by 1-2pm most days making good money. It paid my bills for many years. When I started to get some age on my bones I leaned toward transport instead of delivery and once I had some experience pulling doubles I jumped to LTL linehaul. IMO it’s a young mans game but there was a time when I enjoyed the work and the customers.

7. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    That’s a little bit of an extreme comparison. I made great money doing foodservice delivery. I’m pretty sure “slave plantation work” pays nothing...

8. asphaltreptile311

Jun 16, 2016
    Right because slave plantations are still here in America running at full speed and it's totally legal........... How many more years do you plan on doing food service ?

9. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    I challenge you to find a typical 32ft. CSD side loader unloaded by hand that scales out at 40k and is pulled by the typical single screw, much less is able to carry such a capacity. Doesn't exist. Average sideloader loadout is around 500 cases, and with a case weight of let's just say 45lbs/cs, you're looking at 22,500lbs of product. Even at a 600cs loadout, thats not even 30k.

The industry has long been in the works of shifting to pup boxes with little tiny electric pallet jacks to do most if not all the work to get the product into the customer's door. Hell, the majority of PepsiCo's GTM platform is now on this same system, dubbed GeoBox.

TexasKGB Thanks this.
  10. asphaltreptile311

Jun 16, 2016
    Do you plan on retiring doing Pepsi delivery? I see more truckers than I can count with 20-30 years exp but have yet to see someone with that much exp in food service or bottle delivery

11. Axe217

Axe217 Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2019
    I have a cdla
    But do to fmcsa and how long they take to get an spe certification.
    My med card isnt valid.

Is this job something that can be done without a med card.
    Like intrastate that doesnt require med card?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.