$$$$$$$ owner operator vs company driver ..

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Express12$, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    haven't had a real job in a long time but I for one have it pretty much made ... total buisness and personal debt is 0 ..... making around 500 a day profit and home almost every night take a day off when I feel like it .... go where I want when I want ..... cold outside calling for snow .... head to Miami or the keys ..... to hot ... run the north country. ... I could make more money than I do and do if I feel like it ....... I don't think I would last a week at a mega carrier. .... do you have my kind of job when you first get your own truck most definitely not ..but it is on the way to doing it. .... now how about a company driver .... 2000 a week is barely obtainable at the right company but you earn it but you still have someone that plans your life for you ........ but to each his own ..... I like being an owner operator just for the freedom ..... some guys are just more successful being a company driver. .... there are guys that are working for swift and they are perfectly happy at it ..... which way is the best way ..... all of them it is up to the individual ...... but don't lease a truck from the people your getting your loads from that's just stupid

Bfr38, ExmuslimAtheist and 86scotty Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Can’t believe I was stupid enough to save up and buy a truck.

Knew there was a better way.

staceydude, Hurst and Maj. Jackhole Thank this.
  4. Express12$

Express12$ Medium Load Member

Mar 11, 2017
    I don't need the freedom I already have it I'm in it for money Financial stability Bull up so much money I don't have to work in like 10 years:) I see a lot of post on Craigslist owner operator lease it doesn't seem like good idea because they charge so many different things . If anyone knows a good company to lease trailer and truck from let me know thank you.

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    What about all this money you were cashing in on 1099 when you wouldn’t listen to anyone here about that ? Just rinse and do what you are gonna do anyways because obviously once your mind is made up you do it so have at it.

ExmuslimAtheist Thanks this.
  6. 389driver

389driver Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Upstate NY
    Dont worry, those no money down lease companies will never need their money back.

7. Bfr38

Bfr38 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Ohio
    I agree. Worst case scenario you go bankrupt and live a better life than you were before lol. I know someone who just went bankrupt and went out and bought a brand new car.

Bakerman Thanks this.
  8. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    Making no money according to who? With a little help from my accountant, according to the IRS, I’m actually poor.......

You can turn a very good living and have a better quality of life with just you driving one truck, but you won’t be “making money”

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.