Passed an open Port of Entry Wyoming

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by mrHashe, Dec 9, 2019.

  1. truckdriver31

    truckdriver31 Road Train Member

    4,733
    5,086
    Sep 18, 2013
    0
    plus they have m&m's for $.25
     
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Woodys, snowwy, FlaSwampRat and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Crude Truckin'

    Crude Truckin' Road Train Member

    1,069
    2,523
    Oct 22, 2016
    Zeta Reticuli
    0
    I'd keep trucking. But next time, look for the white sign with black letters, it says commercial vehicles MUST STOP ect ect. When you see that sign, you gotta swing in. When the nice gal in Lusk is working, make sure you stop. It's well worth it.
     
  3. 86scotty

    86scotty Road Train Member

    1,275
    2,284
    Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    0
    I’ve blown that one. You’re fine.
     
  4. Long FLD

    Long FLD Road Train Member

    3,659
    10,559
    Mar 4, 2015
    Murdo SD
    0
    With livestock you have to go in and they make copies of your health and brand papers. I’ve been in there a few times where they’ve called ahead to Laurel when someone doesn’t stop.
     
    86scotty Thanks this.
  5. starmac

    starmac Road Train Member

    6,677
    12,461
    Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    0
    The old main street sheridan scale would sometimes chase you, I have blown the scales here before, and just call them on the radio and ask if they want me to come back, so far they never have.
     
  6. tscottme

    tscottme Road Train Member

    5,922
    8,780
    Jul 25, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    0
    99% chance it is like nothing ever happened. 1% something I've never heard of happens. I've missed scales maybe 2 or 3 time. Nothing ever happened.
     
  7. Truckermania

    Truckermania Heavy Load Member

    986
    1,218
    Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    0
    Are you sure you were in Sheridan? The one after Sundance heading West is Gillette. That one, if you are only on the Interstate and not a side road, you do not have to go to in either direction. Sheridan would be hard to miss but I can see missing Gillette.
     
    tscottme and Hulld Thank this.
  8. asphaltreptile311

    asphaltreptile311 Medium Load Member

    642
    1,072
    Jun 16, 2016
    0
    Screw em. Blowing scales happens often
     
  9. tscottme

    tscottme Road Train Member

    5,922
    8,780
    Jul 25, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    0
    There are a couple of Western states where one sign before the scale says "all CMVs must stop" before/after another sign that says "prepass site" or "prepass trucks follow signal". I think the POE coming into WY I-80 from Utah is like this. I had stopped there and went inside to show my paperwork. I asked the officer and he confirmed prepass green light allows you to bypass despite the signs that had me thinking otherwise on past trips.
     
    LondRanger and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  10. Crude Truckin'

    Crude Truckin' Road Train Member

    1,069
    2,523
    Oct 22, 2016
    Zeta Reticuli
    0
    I've never had the pleasure to experience prepass lol.
     
  • Draft saved Draft deleted