Pedestrian killed in Bennington, VT crash with tractor trailer

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Moon_beam, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Moon_beam

Moon_beam Heavy Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Pedestrian killed in Bennington crash with tractor trailer

A pedestrian was killed by a tractor trailer in Bennington on Friday after police said the man was seen running into traffic on U.S. Route 7.

Bennington Police said they received a report at 10 p.m. on Friday that a man was running into traffic on the busy roadway.

Upon arrival, officers found a tractor trailer parked in the southbound lane. The driver told police he struck the man after he jumped in front of his truck.

Police later found the deceased person, identified as a 45-year-old male from Bennington, on the side of the road.

Investigators determined that the man had been hit by another car before ultimately being hit by the tractor trailer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    Many people think they have the right-of-way to drive across or through crosswalks... WRONG! If you are coming up to a marked crosswalk, OR an intersection, you MUST YIELD to pedestrians.

Someone forgot to tell him no one pays attention to the Law.

silverspur Thanks this.
  4. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Uhhh.....that doesnt apply to this case. You had a suicidal man running into traffic on U.S 7....a highway. It even says he more or less jumped infront of a car got hit and then flattened by a semi.

Thats like saying you got shot at a mcdonalds because eating fast food is bad and if you hadn't gotten that bigmac the bullet the guy across the street robbing the bank fired wouldnt have got you in the lungs.

5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    They sue mcdonald’s for hot coffee…

6. Tennant

Tennant Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2023
    Matt was my neighbor.. He felt bullied by his landlord. He admitted to me and others that his landlord was bulling him to the point of no return.
    He couldn't handle it. We Never thought he was suicidal and would jump into traffic. Everyone is annoyed by this guy!!
    We just thought he was fed up with his landlord unnerving ways of bulling and was going to deal with it a legal way.
    May God be with Matt.
    Everyone that rents from this man has a story of this landlord either being creepy, stocking,bullying,ect..
    go ask any tenant..Its 100%true!
    I feel horrible if Matt did this because he couldn't handle living under the landlords creepy ways another day.
    If the landlord did bully him to this point. I pray for the landlord too. That he changes his ways of dealing with humans.
    No one deserves to live in fear because of another human with a pinch of power.
    Ask anyone on Depot st..
    Who was poising all the cats on the street?? I bet anyone of them/us would say this landlord.
    Please God bless everyone involved and take care of our neighbor/friend Matt.
    Rip friend

Moon_beam Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.