Percentage v. CPM

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by acMinion, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    Percentage is good if you see rate, and keep DH miles low, pick and choose, or something like that.
    If you got someone having you DH 200+ miles every load cents may be better unless you in the $3.00 +
    Then depends on how much percent we’re talking about

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I have a close friend that worked for them for a few years on their dry van side and later took a local position with them in LA. She was happy and liked working there. The only reason she quit is they couldn’t offer her a local position when she moved to Las Vegas. Other than the cameras she didn’t have many complaints.

acMinion Thanks this.
  4. acMinion

acMinion Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Fort Hood, TX
    Nice, i just put an application in with them.

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

IMO, it is more important to work for an honest company than how they pay you. There is plenty of ways to "steal pay" from a driver with CPM or %.

6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

TMC has no APUs on company trucks. Melton company trucks have almost every driver comfort feature possible. TMC is a quality place as I understand it, but there are too many days where the boss doesn't think you need heat/AC but you would be so much more comfortable with them and 120v electricity. Companies say they allow idling in extreme temps, but that means you sometimes have to sleep between 2 screaming reefers with your windows down. No thank you.

acMinion Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.