Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    It's more annoying than anything else, but I can lock mine down. It's just when things update on their side, it unlocks again.

I'd rather have IT focus on getting message alerts to work 100% of the time.

Corso1504 and mindes Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    so long story short, are you captain of your own ship?

4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Yes, but the Admiral is getting annoyed with how often I am telling him where to put his futtock shrouds.

Shardrk, Opus, 91B20H8 and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    All I can say is wow! What a cluster #$@%#*! Besides everything you said I can also see pushing to your clock limits everyday will blow your 70 pretty quick forcing a reset instead of running on recaps. I try to "average" 10 hours a day of on duty/driving time to make my clock last for the 8 day period and then have solid recaps coming back every day after that. Can't always make it work all of the time depending on what's going on but do ok much of the time. Just because you still have time available does not mean it is wise to use it. It is not a race, it is a marathon if you are out more than a week. Five day regional or local driver, yeah that is a race.

And to automatically say you're available 30 minutes after arriving at a shipper or receiver is pretty optomistic 99% of the time. This was clearly designed by people who have no knowledge of the realities of truck driving. On paper it probably looks great and that is all they know.

CaptainDaveG Thanks this.
  6. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    The people who wrote the program probably looked at everyone's paper logs that said they got unloaded in 30 minutes no matter where they went.

7. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I’m sorry I will do better.

8. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    mindes Thanks this.
  9. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    ... by not going in early for loads? You get penalized for showing up early?

dwells40 Thanks this.
  10. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Several receivers will penalize you for showing up early. Wal-Mart for example.

gentleroger and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.