Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. KingG239

KingG239 Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2014
    NEW Jersey
    Is it possible to have you’re own authority and still run on there load board?

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Why would you?

T.Rucker and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Its always been a take it or leave it price

5. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Yes. The difference, as I understand it now, is that the new Schneider IC contract allows them to legally hide their profits from drivers. If the contract states a strict % pay, then it can get them into legal issues if they pay less than that %. By watering down the contracts and giving themselves loopholes to hide the rates, they can offer far lower % rates for good paying loads, sucking up a LOT more profit on some loads.

The phrasing around load acceptance has also apparently changed, allowing them to snatch a good load out from under an o/o at any time before the truck is actually being loaded.

We shall see if these criticisms are all based on smoke or not after the new contracts are finalized.

I am certainly holding off plans to consider Schneider until I hear more about the revised contract.

TokyoJoe, drvrtech77 and Cat sdp Thank this.
  6. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    By adding the load acceptance stipulations, it gives them the ability to reassign a load if the L/O is running late, or is having other situations that may prevent them being able to pick up at a certain time.

It also gives them the ability to put the load on a company truck if one happens to become available near the load before the L/O can get hooked up. Even though the L/O may already be on his way to the P/U.

No company is going to put in a contract provisions that actually help their L/Os.

DAX_, Farmerbob1, drvrtech77 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    This is definitely a step backwards in the choice program.... no matter how you spin it.

DAX_, TokyoJoe, Farmerbob1 and 4 others Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    You hit the magic phrase. Snatch it and put it on a company truck.

TokyoJoe, Farmerbob1 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  9. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    If all they want to do is reassign loads that the IC can't arrive to on time, they could word it more specifically. If it is worded how I heard, it's a blanket authorization to take any load from any IC up until the time product starts to load.

There are better ways to write a contract to protect a company than leaving open any possible excuse to hurt IC's.

Dave_in_AZ and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I understand what you're saying, and to a point I agree.

However, I've seen the other side of the argument.

I was doing a sit in with support shift and an IC called in saying he was 'broke down' and asking for all his loads to be pulled off. Before OPs pulled the 3 or 4 loads off the guy he took a couple of screen shots of the order numbers. 30 minutes later he pulled up that IC and we saw that he'd found a better load to get him to his final load. Almost 60% of IC calls to support shift are to remove loads that the IC had booked. Now Schneider has to scramble to get those loads covered.

While I may not agree with it, I can understand the thinking behind it.

Speed_Drums, Bumper and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.