Pitt Ohio Linehaul Richmond, VA. Seems like I always see them hiring.

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Brandonva804, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Brandonva804

Brandonva804 Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2019
    Why is that? What’s it like to work Linehaul? Miles a week. Pay. Drop and hook. How much you paid for fueling.

I always see them hiring so I assumed it’s high turnover for linehaul.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    They're a decently sized company based out of Cheswick, PA. They're a sister company to ECM. Very reputable, good equipment, fair pay, fair hours. Wasn't aware they had a terminal in Richmond, it may be new and they're trying to fill all the positions that's why you see them hiring so much

4. Brandonva804

Nov 15, 2019
    Yes in Richmond, VA at Cross road. Always seeing them hiring.

5. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
  6. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    TRUCK DRIVER - CDL DRIVER - LINEHAUL DRIVER - CDL CLASS A DRIVER

HOME DAILY

PITT OHIO, a $900 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Class A Linehaul Driver- HOME DAILY! at our Richmond, VA Terminal.

Moved to Top Rate of $0.7321 CPM after 6 months.

PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.

We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!

7. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Pitt ohio is a great company. If you can get on full time linehaul and can handle linehaul schedule you’ll be very happy, 80-100k a year

8. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Linehaul is generally Monday night through Saturday morning either going terminal to terminal or meet and swap wagons. As far as I know Pitt Ohio line drivers never work the dock unlike fedex and XPO

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  9. sabresfan 76

sabresfan 76 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2019
    Great company and benefits are amazing. Can't say what's going on with individual terminals. Could be on auto where the ad gets renewed automatically if not cancelled. That's happened at our terminal. Also some terminals are busier than others. Very few linehaul runs work the dock. If it's a shorter mileage run than dock work is offered but not forced. Usually just help with paperwork. It's not hard and at $32.75 per hour why not.

10. Brandonva804

Nov 15, 2019
    Was curiou
    Was curious always see them hiring. Maybe ad is on auto. I knew they were great so was wondering. Does Pitt Ohio typically lay off drivers?

11. sabresfan 76

sabresfan 76 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2019
    They have a daily layoff they call it when it's slow. Basically work 4 day weeks when it's slow. They offered a voluntary layoff for January at my terminal but you kept your health insurance.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.