Police say wife tried to wreck husband’s big rig

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Bud A., Sep 11, 2019.

1. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    OK, it's not a wreck, so feel free to delete it if it's in the wrong place.

Police say wife tried to wreck husband’s big rig

"Texas police say that a truck driver’s wife is facing multiple charges after she allegedly attempted to crash her husband’s semi truck during an argument.

"The McLennan County Sheriff’s Office says that Mikaela Campbell was charged this week with attempted aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and deadly conduct.

"Police say that they received a call about a disturbance taking place inside a moving semi truck. They later pulled over the truck and arrested Campbell.

"According to arrest records obtained by Fox 44 News, the argument began while Campbell was in the sleeper berth area of the semi truck. Campbell reportedly became angry when her husband applied the truck’s brakes, causing her to spill something after she had spent the morning drinking vodka."

There's more, but I'll just stop right there because it's hard for me to wrap my head around it.

mjd4277, JonJon78, Lepton1 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Wow, just wow.

Bud A., mjd4277 and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I believe it. And yes the charges should stand.

Wife and I had one day what passes for a domestic at 70. She deliberately made sure that there was arm waving and total yelling. Before it got too bad a St Louis Detective lasso'ed us out of the herd and asked us essentially this.

WTF is wrong with you two? Spill it. And don't BS me.

It actually turned out that wife was really feeling horrible due to one reason or another in the body (Not about the monthly thing either...) she was angry enough that no one cared and the truck would not stop that day to fix it, whatever the boo boo was.

That Detective did good whoever he was. Just plain talking and listening.

We built a rule from that day together. If one of us was "Sick" in that way again that truck will not roll a inch until we had some time off to heal.

And believe it or not Dispatch was much more accommodating then. and that was when we understood what it was to be a completely "Free" team working for a company that takes a time now and then when we need it for just us.

That's all I will put on here. That particular day I was roaring back at her while thinking why don't you just effing shut up. I am the Boss here and were loaded at 63 or whatever it was. She refused to and made it worse. And That I think is a fast path to divorce, prison or who knows what. The detective managed to teach us a few things that day and broke what I was beginning to consider a very dangerous spiral.

We have arguments normally, she takes one side I take the other. We argue until we don;t have a leg to stand on defending or going after what the issue at question was. Then we spend a week making what is called love deposits to make up for the intensity of something like that. In end nothing gets done unless we both agree and are on the same track for it. Once that happens it can be quite something I tell you.

Max Mulsanne, Bud A., mjd4277 and 2 others Thank this.
  5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    LOL too funny! Thats what he gets for running around with a (I want to call "child").

Bud A., x1Heavy, magoo68 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Lucky he wasn't charged with having the bottle in the truck to start with.
    Now he will be paying her bail and hiring her a lawyer, buying her another bottle of vodka, and so on.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Thats another reason I hate court cases. The stress alone makes me want to pickup a case of schnapps and start working on it.

What court case, what stress? Time for bed. HA..

8. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    This is why you never ever mess with someone's drink!

Opus and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    That "child" also has a 12/13 year old son. Doing the math, even with the lesser number, someone was taking improprieties with that girl when she was 12. Maybe even the same ol' dude. It's no wonder she drinks vodka and tries to wreck trucks.

x1Heavy, Bud A. and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  10. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    THAT is what I got out of the synopsis of the article.
    What about the alcohol in the CMV?

x1Heavy and Bud A. Thank this.
  11. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    “Police say that there was enough evidence, between the torn shirt, a broken styrofoam cup, and a bottle of vodka, inside the truck to indicate that that the truck driver’s side of the story was to be believed.”

I thought a torn shirt and big gulp from pilot was essential tools for the job not evidence of a domestic disturbance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.