Poly Trucking, Grand Prairie, TX

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Slargtarg, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Then the guy who ran tells his company a different story, and the OP is looked at guilty of hit and run.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Fact. I've practically put a truck in a ditch TWICE at Estes and both times didn't call the company. I paid out of pocket BOTH TIMES to get myself pulled out the mud and the company never knew about it. $1100 for 2 incidents that could've costed me my career. I made that money back in 1 check.

4. Opendeckin

Opendeckin Medium Load Member

May 20, 2018
    They still have to pay you the banked weeks of paid vacation even though you were fired although under the circumstances I wouldn't be surprised if you had to take them to small claims court to get it. That's why in the past before I quit a company I claimed my full 2 weeks of paid vacation and quit right after I got it.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Tough break man. As soon as you and the other driver agreed to meet at the truck stop 2 exits down, you had to have known he was gonna haul boogie. When you had him stopped, that's when you should have got pictures of his truck, license tags, and all that good stuff. You should have also took a pic of his paperwork. Then get a police report afterwards. Drivers have to have their minds in the "street sense" mind frame at times. You can't trust folks to do the right thing out here. This is a tough lesson but it's reminder to cover your ### by any means necessary.

6. Okie-Doke

Okie-Doke Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Stillwater, OK
    I've been driving for Poly for a while now, and there has to be more to this story. Only thing i can think of why you got fired is you had other safety points that put you over the top.

7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    a year later, he probably ain't around........just say'in

TB John Thanks this.
  8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    There is a difference. They can fire you for no reason, however, if they give you a reason, and that reason is illegal or an unjust, then they open themselves up for a lawsuit...and I was told this by a friend who is a former cop who worked in a 'right to work' state. They can say "your're fired" and you have no legal recourse, but if they fire you ''because..." and that reason is because you refused to do something illegal, then get it in writing or record the conversation (when I worked at Poly I didn't trust them as far as I could throw them, so I visually recorded every management meeting). That way you have legal recourse and proof of their actions.

9. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Seriously?it most be miserable to live like that.You’re the paranoid nut that you need too video every meeting. I would advise you to just get a different job but everyone is out to get you it’s like there living rent free in your head.Ps the worst people to ask a civil complaint question to is a cop you understand the majority of cops don’t have a law degree they don’t know anymore about a civil (the boss is not going to be arrested for wrongful firing it’s a civil matter)case then any other Joe walking around.In a right to work they can fire you at any time the only protection you have is the discrimination laws they can’t fire for your race ,sexual orientation or religious beliefs or handicap

10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Wrong on many things...I record (audio, not video) because it eliminates the option of them denying something they said...and it has happened to me. As for a right to work state, they can fire and give no reason, but if they give a reason, in this case he refused to violate a state law, it is illegal and you can sue...and the reason this cop friend knew this is because a fellow officer was terminated for an unjust reason and he won a civil suit against the department (they actually settled rather than fight it).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.