Poly trucking Mechanics staging revolt against company ???

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by IndianaF150, Feb 7, 2018.

Is there a problem with Poly truck maintenance??

1. Yes

94.7%
  2. No

5.3%
  1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I drive a Mack mDrive...automated transmissions are the worst thing ever invented next to a Maxxforce engine. Even our iDrive Volvos suck, and they're suppose to be the top rated boxes

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I've had the dt12 auto for 2.5yrs..knock on wood..not one issue..

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    My biggest issue is that it can't make up it's mind what gear it wants to use. One time it'll wind up to the redine in 1st, then try to skip to 4th or 5th (with 45k lbs), then downshift, then upshift..then the next redlight it shifts 4 or 5 times from a dead start before you get thru an intersection. And it doesn't have a creep mode for backing...and it gets hung in gear to easily. Can't count the times when I'm trying to hook or unhook, but when you try to put it in neutral to wind landing gear...it gives you the little lightening bolt and refuses to shift into neutral..many times I end up giving up fighting it and just shut the engine off in gear...then amazingly, it figures out how to find neutral.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  5. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    Sounds Like its a computer issue... Have you addressed it with anybody yet ?

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    They checked it out when it was in the Ft. Smith dealer (when they were trying to figure out why my crankcase keeps filling with diesel). They said it was up to date with the latest software update. The only thing they said was maybe the pneumatics are acting up.

7. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    Consider yourself lucky you don't have the eaton ultrashift...that thing bounces your truck while backing...as usual Eaton still can't make an autoshift worth a darn..

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I wish it had the ultra low reverse. I read that the bigger MP10 has a low and lower reverse for idle speed backing. Some of our customers have inclined ramps that you have to back onto at an angle, and you have to keep the trailer torque to a minimum hauling glass so you don't break it. The place I delivered in Orlando Weds has one dock that is a normal single truck width door, but is only accessible blindside, uphill. Not the place to have an irritable auto. But, like everything, learning to adapt new equipment is often the toughest thing for us old farts set in our ways.

9. MagnumaMoose

MagnumaMoose Lost or Missing

Jan 18, 2018
    Everybody knows that your heart belongs to Poly's immaculate Internationals. You loooove Max Force. Max must be short for Maxine. Must be the unknown John Force daughter. C'mon back, you know you wanna. :p

10. chemster

chemster Medium Load Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    That’s funny... I had quit Poly for over 3 months and got a call from John in outbound asking if he could put me on the board for Grand Prairie. I told him I wouldn’t be available for awhile...

Knucklehead, 48Packard and majestyk Thank this.
  11. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Did poly find a salvage yard willing to take the old retired internationals?

I noticed the 50 or so old junked out internationals that had been parked near the shop are now gone.

I didn’t think any salvage yard would take them. :)

I wonder how much poly had to pay a salvage yard to take them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.