Pride Transport, SLC Deceptive Hiring Practices

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by FormerlyFunTrucker, Aug 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Besides linehaul companies,
    Please share with us some local jobs paying 25 bucks
    An hour.
    Because most pay 17/18 bucks an hour.
    I don't care where you live.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016

I would assume only a union like UPS would make that 25 p/h even then I would imagine thats more the senior drivers pay I never worked for them I never will but then their union fees I know some unions like the USPS are toothless that they cant strike ever.

Swift the only local place I did local and the pay there started at 16.00 for the account i did and they bumped it up to $17.00 in a month or two of starting local idk i know I got a call from operation people saying they giving me a raise of a dollar. I was like great I left them because I was always having more issues sometimes my time would get low and they would call saying you can't make there take to the terminal after shipper and go home... so instead of a 12 clock window of work was cut down by half and it happens often.

I think if i looked back now I would have never left the OTR position less hassle with shippers plus I had a great OTR DM compared to my DM from the local account which can make all the difference.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  4. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Lowboy Driver - Bronx, NY - Indeed.com Bronx, NY

16 Best local truck drivers hourly pay jobs in Houston, TX (Hiring Now!) | SimplyHired (day pay $25/hr average) in Houston, TX

Truck Driver - $26.68 Home Daily!!! - Miami, FL - Indeed.com
    Miami, FL.

Just to name a few from a basic search. Good paying jobs are out there once you look wherever you live.

5. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Denver, CO.

Couple fuel haulers in Denver are starting in the $21 to $23 range DOE
    Old Dominion (non-union) starts at $21.50 to $24.50 DOE
    Hub Group local/short $77K annually
    Cross Country Freight $26.01 to start
    10 Roads Express (Seasonal Mail) $31.01/hr
    ReConserve Waste Hauling $23 to $28 DOE

Gearjammin' Penguin and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Coolbreeze100

Coolbreeze100 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Macon, GA
    Well written.

7. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Fresh out of CDL school, I almost went to Pride. I had an offer and orientation date setup. Beforehand I called up my recruiter and respectfully declined and went to another mega.

The deciding factor for me was their mentor policy, which was to charge the new driver a large sum if they do not complete the couple month long teaming portion of the mentorship. I don't recall amount, it was in the thousands. Unacceptable. That's not training, that's teaming--driving with the trainer sleeping. The company is profiting big time on the new driver at that point, and if they don't stay, charge them for it.

With 1 year experience now, that wouldn't be a problem, but their website says .41 to .43 CPM. That sure looks low, even with accessory pay.

8. Oddu Rome

Oddu Rome Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2020
    Why work for company who charge employee. Skip them entirely the driver willing to work here have to be mentally slow to work for this kind of company. you should be out here making money not giving company money to work for them shame on those drivers

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    My job. $25.25 Local manufacturer, hauling finished product to customers, so they can finish their product.

The Big T, Dale thompson and TB John Thank this.
  10. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Intermodal company I work starts at $21 for local work, regional work is by percentage, currently I'm at $25/hr and 30%. Load I did Saturday, under normal conditions, percentage would have broken down to $31/hr, unfortunately, thanks to mother nature and the run taking 3 hours longer than normal, my hourly average will be lower

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Yea, that BS is straight out of the CR England/Prime playbook!

One thing to add, about the long windows and fuel solutions. Heyl is big on that, HARD fuel solutions (sometimes as little as 25gal a stop) with big punishment if you don't follow it. Also I can't remember doing a live load/unload that was less than 24-36 hours waiting....sometimes on both ends of a trip. So many people complained about the waiting, and they never did anything about it. I also remember some guys, who thought they were doing good, lots of drop and hooks, some waiting, they made $2800/net a month there lol.

Shortest trucking job I ever had, and yet, I still see them all over the place, esp in Texas and the midwest.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.