Prime inc. Sick time.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jfairley00, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Jfairley00

Jfairley00 Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2017
    I'll make this quick, I started hometime a few days ago and I've come down sick with the flu. I'm suppose to return tomorrow, that's not going to happen as I need to recuperate. How do I find out if I have sick time and how do I go about using it? Can I use sick time consecutively with hometime? Any useful input will help greatly.

Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    You company or lease? I guess you were busy doing something else during orientation when they talked about getting sick and you threw away all the paperwork they gave you because all off that is covered in there as well.

Short answer, call your dispatcher first thing in the morning. It's that simple! And to answer the other part of your question, there is no sick time for company drivers at prime. At your one year mark you'll get a week paid vacation.

4. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    There s really no such thing as a sick day in trucking. If you re sick, I would call and let Prime know immediately that you have the flu so that you re not preplanned on a load, and they can make other arrangements to cover the load.

Also, if you went to doctor, I would also get a dr s excuse just in case.

Jfairley00 and redoctober83 Thank this.
  5. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    And since you re on home time they will extend your time at home until you re over the flu

6. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I just checked their website for sick pay. They have none. I also looked into their vacation pay. Wow are those guys getting screwed. If my company had those rates I would not sign on. Wow.

bottomdumpin and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  7. Jfairley00

Jfairley00 Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2017
    I'm just doing my yr. And I'm out. I op-ed out health insurance bc it was so high.

8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Hilarious. Sick pay.

I could tell some stories. I’d start at gout, and finish with adhesive capsulitis. The rig made its run.

And I’m not even a ‘Terry Tuff Nuts” either.

Oops - sorry, I just saw ‘useful input’. Just trying to say “ Ain’t no sick days in trucking “.

poppapump1332 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    All of you are so mean and so insensitive. This poor driver needs to be with mama a few more days.
    Again I am just shocked and appalled by the things I find in the Prime threads.

Driver you're sick, That's a DOT violation, you just take all the time you need, week, two weeks, it's all good.

SingingWolf and lagbrosdetmi Thank this.
  10. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    You are correct sir! No sick days in trucking... Except when hauling fuel, yup they get sick days. My company (J.B. Hunt) no laughing, just went to PTO time instead of regular vacation time. The difference is that I don't have to wait until my yearly hire date to get my vacation days. They build over the course of the year. I usually gain about 2.5 hours a week so after a few weeks I would have enough time in the system to take a paid day off. Pretty sweet right?

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  11. prosidius

prosidius Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Wisconsin
    Prime does have sick pay. Your balance is on your settlements.

Here's mine:
    Capture.JPG

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.