Project with Keep Truckin (Motive).

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by zahar, Dec 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zahar

zahar Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    Hi community.
    I'm a newbie here, but used to work with pretty much any fleet and truck data across different counties and various GPS and ELD solutions.

And these days I'm working on a project related to aggregating trucking data from various providers, including Keep Truckin. Unfortunately, I'm stuck testing how my product works with Keep Truckin because I can not just use their equipment on my vehicle, cause it's not a truck.
    With this in mind, I decided to reach out to the community and ask for help from those who are working with Keep Truckin and can most probably help me out or come up with a piece of advice. So, if you are using Keeptruckin and are willing to help, you'd save me.

Thank you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I use Motive - what do you need exactly?

Siinman Thanks this.
  4. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Same here!

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  5. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    What data and for what purpose are you aggregating said data?

I cant imagine itll ever be used in any friendly to us way, and im not keen on volunteering as a guinea pig for more ways to be kept track of and then forced to buy a product that other people end up profitting off of not only a subscription, but ALSO selling data harvested during that time.

If i sound jaded or suspicious, its because i am

6. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I personally hate when non truckers come on here and want help. It’s always some pet project. They get ideas in their heads but have absolutely no clue how the industry ACTUALLY works. They read and watch too much crap on the web.

7. zahar

zahar Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    The project is related to insurance actually. The idea is to allow truckers and fleets to share their telematics data (mainly trips) with their insurers in a safe and convenient way and get better deals and services in return. In this case truckers keep full control over what they are sharing and with whom exactly. Actually we are connecting fleets with their insurers (acting on behalf of insurers).

I can understand you. I personally have been there for some years and seen those are one-day mobile apps, which did not actually work for anyone. In my case we act on behalf of an insurer/broker facilitating data exchange with fleet and truck operators/owners and better and more beneficial policies. I think we should actually get the perception of truckers to make it work for them. And that's why I'm here.

8. zahar

zahar Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    I'm looking to test the connection of our platform with Motive on real trucks/one truck (for 1-4 weeks) to make sure we properly interpret data from Motive (before the kick-off with several fleets and a big insurer).

We do understand that you are paying quite a penny for each of your trucks to Motive, and if we agree to do something together, our company will cover at least the month of your Motive subscription + provide all the necessary agreements confirming that the information will be used for internal tests only and will not be disclosed to anyone.

More to this we are looking to collaborate in future, participating together in the insurance programs for trackers, which we run with insurers starting from the beginning of 2023.

9. zahar

zahar Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    I'm looking to test the connection of our platform with Motive on real trucks/one truck (for 1-4 weeks) to make sure we properly interpret data from Motive (before the kick-off with several fleets and a big insurer).

We do understand that you are paying quite a penny for each of your trucks to Motive, and if we agree to do something together, our company will cover at least the month of your Motive subscription + provide all the necessary agreements confirming that the information will be used for internal tests only and will not be disclosed to anyone.

More to this we are looking to collaborate in future, participating together in the insurance programs for trackers, which we run with insurers starting from the beginning of 2023.

10. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    We do not drive for cost.
    If a trillion dollar company wants help then they can afford to pay for it.

11. zahar

zahar Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    Agree, but it looks like buying a truck for a test not an option here, so I'm asking to give me a hand.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.