Project with Keep Truckin (Motive).

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by zahar, Dec 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana

Thats WORSE.

do you not know how this raised insurance rates for almost every driver that did this with verizon's bs bluetooth dongle for cars?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Sound kinda fishy to me. How much is Motive every month ? Someone is going to give up all that data to save $30 a month. One insurance company is doing this for cars. You plug a data recorder into you car. The insurance company can then see how fast you drive and how any miles you do ever month. Then give you a small discount under the idea your a safe drive and you should not have to pay for the bad drivers.

Remember when ELDs first come out and lots of people saying insurance companies would love to have acces the data.

4. zahar

zahar Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    Yepp, Verizon was not the only case. I actually went through a number of the insurance programs for passenger cars and true, not all of them are beneficial for owners. And it depends on the conditions you accept.
    Personally I would not choose the program where the premium can go higher myself - only it it goes lower or in worst case stays the same.

In general, commercial vehicle insurance is slowly moving to telematics data driven policies starting from bigger fleets. My assumption it's just a matter of time

5. zahar

zahar Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    Actually it's all about sharing the data for short period of time, not giving it all up. And speaking about Motive subscription, I thought it would be logical, but would appreciate if you share a fair option here. My goal is purely technical - analyze any Motive data from any truck (no preference) and put the technology to the test. Unfortunately, I could not find any other way to do it.

6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    In other words, you want the drivers to assume the workload and you pay them peanuts to test your product.

I think most of them are already familiar with that kind of deal.

7. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    So you are just seeing a dystopian future and instead of saying "no, i will have no part of that", youre actively trying to make that a reality?

Quit building things that make things worse

It would have been better had you NOT known, you could have simply been ignorant of the rammifications, instead, you just dont care

8. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Whatta ya say?
    2nd lock.jpg

Siinman and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Siinman, JoeyJunk and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  10. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Id leave it be, better to let the information sit there than have it go hidden

Better to KNOW what your enemies look like

11. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Yeah - look, I'm just a single dumb end user. A $26 carrot doesn't even buy you a phone call.

As others have said, quit trying to shove more "Data driven - Telematic - App this - website that - " regulation horse hockey muppet turds down our throats.

Go buy you a big 'em truck and do it for a while - you'll see what we mean.

TheLoadOut and Siinman Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.