Pumping some life into the Foodliner thread!

Discussion in 'Gless Bros Foodliner' started by Dogals right foot, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Dogals right foot

Dogals right foot Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2013
    The Dreaded Northeast
    Been running a lot of Canada..so far everything going great,pay is great and a easy drive to and from.

They gave me a 2012 Cascadia..quiet truck with more room.

At my terminal if you run they take care of you..just do your job and pay attention..you will make good money.

Any questions feel free to PM.

Back at it tomorrow...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner710

Gunner710 Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Oak Park, CA
    Does FL run out of California? Also do they train new CDL drivers on tankers?

4. Dogals right foot

Mar 2, 2013
    The Dreaded Northeast
    Yes they run out of Cali..but not sure how much.

You have to have a year experience before they will train you on tanker.

Gunner710 Thanks this.
  5. Dogals right foot

Mar 2, 2013
    The Dreaded Northeast
    Ok just finished up running to Canada 2 times a week for the last 6 weeks.
    Hauling chocolate to the same customer..good steady run with very little hang ups.
    Customs was smooth in and out and no hassles from the 4 scales(in quebec) I had to go through to get to drop point.

Money was fantastic!
    I averaged 1400-1900/week..I cleaned up with border crossing pay($150 per crossing).
    Shuttle loads were the best..guys(no passport) brought loaded trailers to my staging point and I ran them across.

Sadly we only contracted for 26 loads so they went fast..hopefully they will come around again.

Big Red is doing all right by me.

You have to stay on top of your PO's though..these are paid for anything outside your normal pay(delay,breakdown etc).

Talk to your dispatcher and terminal manager and develop a positive relationship..going out overnight is a big plus..most drivers don't want to.

More to come..

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
    Gunner710 Thanks this.
  6. Dogals right foot

Mar 2, 2013
    The Dreaded Northeast
    Ok update time.

Running hard since I've been here..all over the place in the northeast region.

Money is still good so I have no complaints other than hometime.
    Still getting home on the weekends but just enough for restart..yeah I know stop crying!

Foodliner is hiring in my area..Barksdale/Newark DE(and most others)
    I know Winchester VA is hiring for Dry Bulk..they have $1200/week guarantee.

I have been to the following terminals since I've been here:
    Chicago IL
    Worchester MA
    Dayton OH
    Albany NY

Some of the mini terminals I've been to..basically where they just keep trucks for a dedicated customer are:
    Yonkers NY
    Langhorne PA
    Charlotte NC
    Savannah GA
    Baltimore MD

Truck is running good(2012 Cascadia) other than the dreaded surging when it idles..warranty item they say.
    Should be going into shop soon.

That's it for now,more later.

Keep Yanking!

RookieJ1987 and Gunner710 Thank this.
  7. Dogals right foot

Mar 2, 2013
    The Dreaded Northeast
    Ok finished up a good month.

My average weekly is 1100-1400..on slow weeks the guarantee($1000/week at my terminal) takes care of any lack of runs.

My Canada loads dried up(quebec)..hopefully they will come back around.
    Still running to Montreal every now and then(yes I know it's in Quebec).
    Went to Toronto for a new customer..pain crossing into Canada through buffalo but to be expected..otherwise no problem..Paid well.

Also been running to Vermont and Massachusetts..Vermont is way easier but it is what it is.

I prefer to run long all week as to the local stuff..I've driven enough in the NJ area to last a lifetime.

Had some pay issues lately(new payroll clerk?)..it was a hassle but they paid what was owed.
    I always have watched companies close..it's my money after all.
    Benefits are good,so again no worries.

Truck maintenance is ok..they do the PM's when you roll back in so no waiting.

I find that as long as you speak up and do what you're supposed to do you have no problems.
    Stand up for yourself and don't be quiet!
    I don't get caught up with the gossip and he said she said crap.

Foodliner is ok by me..I have no complaints.
    I asked to be home and to run local due to some family being in town and they had no problems with it.
    I will be picking up a load to Montreal next week and then hopefully I can run out to Chicago or down to Charlotte in the weeks to come.

So there you have it,I will try to update more often.

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

8. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    I have a buddy running for them I think he said out of the elkton md terminal but he said he's making 1400 per week avg he's loving it.

9. Reverend Falstaff

Reverend Falstaff Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Can I ask...where in the Chicago area is your terminal. Have no exp with tankers, but almost 16 years hauling boxes and reefers. Think may have to check FL out.

10. Dogals right foot

Mar 2, 2013
    The Dreaded Northeast
    Hey Reverend..I'll get u and exact address tomorrow.

I will send it via PM.

11. driverjoe

driverjoe Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2010
    U need to really read between the lines on this guys story. Everything is just hunky dorey. I left on Sunday and got back the following Sat. What the hell are u talking about not sleeping in the truck? Hell I even was forced to sleep in one of their crappy day cabs because I ran out of time at the customer. Get real. As far as money you are not going to make more than the guarantee and they are going to run u ragged to get as much as they can for that 1000 bucks. Bonus thats a joke at FL very few ever get it. So I dont know what kind if lala terminal u work out of but your bs is making me ill. Most drivers who read this gotta know your world at "Big Red" ? Really as u so affectionately call FL, is just a bit too much peaches n cream. FL is prob having a hard time getting drivers so here u r trying to rope em in. Yes I will continue to show up to try and give drivers another point of view. I also ran Canada for them but they didnt seem to appreciate that either. The Pat Omallys, Lindas and other driver hating personnel are prob still there screwing drivers. So if u do go to FL beware they will push u and if u let them they will help u get a bad driving record ....THEN they got ya you r stuck. So I still recommend looking around u can do better than working for this dirty bunch b

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.