Question about securing the dolly hook up when pulling doubles.

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by #1 Kenworth, Apr 6, 2021.

1. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    We’ve had pins pulled at the fuel island. Always check when you stop. For any reason. I even check when I’m at customs.

McUzi and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LPjunior1970

LPjunior1970 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I do the same anytime I walk out of sight of my set. Even in one of our terminals

4. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Driver motioned to me, pointing downward at my truck. I pulled over and started looking. Finally found a small part of a recap coming off. Thought how in the hell did he see that at 70mph?? I didn't want to risk the cap coming off and killing someone, so I called mobile tire.

After everything was good to go, I'm walking back to the truck and see my sleeper toolbox door wasn't shut all the way...

The Shadow, drivinhome, roshea and 2 others Thank this.
  5. The Shadow

The Shadow Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2018
    NC
    When I’m training a new employee, I always tell them if you’re walking by your rig, look at your rig. No reason not to. If nothing else, at least lights, tires, and connections. You never know when something will break; but you can be sure that it will break.

McUzi, Speed_Drums, jmz and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. roundhouse

roundhouse Medium Load Member

Jul 11, 2018
    About three months after I bought my first tractor and was leased on with a company pulling their trailers , I was at a busy intersection in one of the multiple left turn lanes .
    a car pulls up on my left and yells.
    And they tell me that the right turn is blinking on the trailer but the left turn is blinking on on the tractor.

so when I get back to the terminal I check it and sure enough that’s true.
    Eh, some idiot company mechanic got the wires crossed On the trailer .

so the next trailer I hitch up to Is the same way. The turn signals are reversed so I get my test light and check the pigtail on the tractor and the wires are backwards in it.

injad been driving the truck for three months and never noticed because when I did the walk around with each trailer I turned on the parking lights and the hazards. Which blink both sides.

i never once checked each signal separately since that required two walk around .....

7. '88K100

'88K100 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2020
    YA,,funny how trailer connection, hitch and safety chains are bottom of the list on inspection.
    Pintle hook latch, safety chains and fifth wheel lock are most critical IMO

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted