Question for the Linehaul guys

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by lfod14, Aug 27, 2015.

1. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I know, but since he's the only guy I know doing it, Estes is the only company I've gotten the inside scoop on

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brtecson

brtecson Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Old Dominion is opening (it may have opened already) a new terminal on Hall St. so they may be hiring agressively compared to the other LTL companies in the area. I work for Saia in the chicago reigon and I would give the Saia STL terminal a thumbs up, it's an old place but they have a good team there. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the major LTL carriers in STL though...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    DTP Thanks this.
  4. rocket237

rocket237 Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    lowly ct.
    clean record helps, getting the experience is the toughest imho.

5. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Experience is a two way door. If you apply for one out of ten openings that haven't been filled in 30 days, they will wave it and train you in house. If you apply for a single opening that just came up, it will be competitive.

6. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Dayton Freight has a St. Louis terminal as well.

DTP Thanks this.
  7. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    i use to do nightime (and may go back for money reasons, not for love of night work) and the way i dealt with weekends was to keep the exact same schedule.

When i switched back to daytime work, the experience was very hard to describe in words---it was like i was taking a shower in light. Very strange.

8. rocket237

Mar 9, 2013
    lowly ct.
    whatever the op does stick to it....It's easier too work on rest, then lose sleep and try too work.

9. rocket237

Mar 9, 2013
    lowly ct.
    so the latest.....we had a driver go to his first stop, (this is the gods honest truth). opens the door, tells the receiver here ya go....M/T 55 gal. drums on top of three pallets of frt...it ALL goes to the cosignee..trouble here is neither the driver nor the receiver will take the barrels off of the three pallets....frt comes back to the terminal and on the next day delivered on pallets......delivered in 10 minutes.unfreaking believable!!

you mean to tell me this guy cant stack M/T freaking barrels?! there were only 20!!! wasn't like a whole trailer load...gives you an idea of the worthless slugs we share employment with...

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I can't say I really blame the driver. They should've loaded it the right way, especially if there was 12 feet of empty trailer space left over.

11. rocket237

Mar 9, 2013
    lowly ct.
    my problem is he did the exact work he would of done at the first stop as he did too off load the frt so he could continue his deliveries....makes no sense, I dunno mebbe it's me..........I get the job done regardless of what needs to be done......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.