Questions (2) about Conway TL/XPO/?

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by Walt NJ, Nov 26, 2015.

1. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    hello crb...yeah Herb has been gone for like appx 3 years. I liked Joe Dagnase, when he was in charge, cant say enough good things about him, we have Hank Barrows now, he seems okay to work with and is very interactive.I personally liked/miss Joe, that's my opinion of course. Joe actually went on the road for like a week with driver Frank, and well I just liked him he was very interactive with the drivers, and got things done for the drivers, also pay increases for drivers and decreases in various mgmt. depts came under his leadership.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    I remember being at a safety meeting where herb stood up and literally said drivers are a dime a dozen and several drivers went up and gave him their keys and a dime lol. I've been gone long time mess than a year after conway room over, and haven't kept up. Herb was a snake in the grass though.

paul_4lp and CargoWahgo Thank this.
  4. free spirited1

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    lol true and this is true...lol

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  5. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Well actually they have inclement weather pay.

Its called "hazard pay"

I got it during Sandy & Isaac but never shut down during it.

You just gotta ask for it.

If they don't give it to you it can be made up by other means deemed necessary by yourself lol. :)

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  6. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    EXCELLENT POST!

As time goes by, I do hope that the company does get trucks that have APU's, refrigerators, and freezers. This alone can make the OTR truck drivers much happier and healthier.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

free spirited1 Thanks this.
  7. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    me too.....day I quit....no notice...the dispatcher I had wanted me to come back...every month I get a email asking to come back..lol.......

8. free spirited1

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    I'm of this belief, a company should be all Company drivers or all Owner Op. Everytime I see an Owner Op go by I say well there is a load that we company drivers wont get. It's just my take on it is all. To me it's all one or all the other, and not a mix like we have, and some other companies do also. I'm not really warming up to XPO, I'm watching, been here a long time, if I see it decline in various areas, I plan to move on.

9. free spirited1

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    So whats up today...im on a low mile load that doesnt deliver till Monday...so doing a double reset just off home time. More time to get cozy with the competiton i guess..lol..Fire someone in the sales dept...So I'm flirting with the competition.

10. sedain

sedain Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2010
    alot of companies just abuse o/o, a free truck with a slave driver..hopefully thats not the case with xpo.

11. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    no miles means more resume time....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.