Questions you wished you ask before joining Mercer

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by Cheeseburgers, Oct 24, 2015.

1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Mercertown.com is the web address.

kogaFX and CJndaTruck Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Yinger

Yinger Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2014
    I've been reading all the threads the past few weeks. Noticed on one from Sept someone said/mention the lease program is on hold, is that true or do I need to call them? Rather hear it from you guys. o_O

4. TaylorMade407

TaylorMade407 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    You just answered your own question

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  5. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    That's for the quality trucks leasing on

6. Yinger

Yinger Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2014

7. kogaFX

kogaFX Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Frozen Lease Road, ND
    So like, is there stuff not posted on the loadboards that you can only really get to by networking or is it all posted on the loadboards? I know networking is part of life and not exactly my forte but I guess I gotta learn someday if thats the case

8. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Dedicated routes(even short term) don't always show up on the load board, but all the regular loads do. always get to know the agents, they can keep you in the loop on big moves coming up so you know to position yourself to take advantage.

Here is a hypothetical example of what I mean. The Atlanta agent could be working on a big move for a customer where they have a hundred loads going from atlanta to jacksonville. They might want ten trucks dedicated to run a load a day for ten days. if you have a history with that agent, of getting the job done safely, on time, claim free, and hassle free, and presenting a professional image to customers, you might get a heads up two weeks before that job starts so you can position yourself in the system to make sure you are available when they start looking for trucks.

Hassle free being the big one. No one wants to deal with a driver that's always #####ing, whining and moaning and making things difficult. That's not who the agent wants representing him at a customer's facility.

MarkH83 and kogaFX Thank this.
  9. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Gross on 1099's has absolutely nothing to do with Net Income. I can Gross 1,000,000 and if I spend 980,000 I only have a net income of 20,000. Your argument is useless.

spyder7723 and mtoo Thank this.
  10. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl

Exactly. It's all about net.

11. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    What @whoopNride said, I don't think anyone is saying that a truck is going to make more money here than running your own numbers. We are saying you can make good money here, with out a lot of the headaches of running on your own.

Being leased to a good company can take away a lot of stress.

I find it odd that people berate those that do things different than they do. If someone is content, happy and successful in their own eyes. Why try to drag them down just so one can pat them self on the back. be it a company driver, some one leased to a carrier or one running on their own.

al12, Orangees, Highway Sailor and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.