Quick rundown on USA Truck

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Enzo_Guy, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Enzo_Guy

Enzo_Guy Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2018
    Laredo, TX
    Yeah we had a lot of changes within the last year. It's definitely changed a lot since I started in 2019. I think before that it was pretty much a cookie cutter mega carrier. Once they started letting company drivers pick their own loads off a load board, concentrating on making the Texas regional fleets more efficient, turning the trucks up to 70mph, giving us multiple health insurance options, and other driver-friendly stuff things started feeling different from other big companies.

As far as leasing I know absolutely nothing about that side. I can say some of the guys that already owned their trucks or leased through a third party seem much happier. They can choose between mileage pay or getting paid a percentage of the load, and they can see what the load pays on the load board before they accept the load. That's about as much as I know.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Screenshot_20210529-190917_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Got this email from them. They say you make make 100k. Not at 48cpm.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Family Dollar account.
    Werner drivers make good money on that account also.
    I still wouldn't do it due to stores not having docks and unload area not set up for trucks pulling 53' trailers.
    Serpentine backing through a parking lot full of cars.

HaglerFan and sevenmph Thank this.
  5. Savor the Flavor

Savor the Flavor Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Yeah, but... driver-facing cameras? No, thank you.

1029384746 and sevenmph Thank this.
  6. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Plus the fact you have to unload the trailer.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Enzo_Guy

Feb 15, 2018
    Laredo, TX
    Just a heads up, the hybrid regional/OTR fleet got disbanded. I'm now on a load board and run pretty much like owner-operator. I know a lot of guys that did not like it, but it suits me very well.

Also we had a change in pay structure. They are phasing out the sliding pay scales and going to just a flat 50CPM effective this month.

8. kitcarguy

kitcarguy Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2021
    Out of curiosity. What's the big deal about driver facing cameras? You are already being watched everywhere. Tolls, Stores, neighborhoods, red lights, traffic cams, and the list goes on. Hell the man can even ping your phone and get a pretty good idea of where you are. Why is a driver cam such a deal breaker for most people?

9. kitcarguy

Mar 18, 2021
    I have watched a few videos of people on these accounts for various companies. Looks to me like they earn every penny

HaglerFan and Chinatown Thank this.
  10. Enzo_Guy

Feb 15, 2018
    Laredo, TX
    Yeah the turnover rate for the dedicated Family Dollar account is pretty high. We also have a dedicated Staples fleet and a dedicated Pods flatbed fleet, the guys on those seem to have better results.

I've been on the load board for a couple months and I really like this fleet. I think the big caveat here is that I've been with this company for a while and I already know which customers to avoid for various reasons, and I also know which ones are going to be close together. Last week I had a drop and my pickup was literally the building next door. Dispatch loves it. I love it. I got all the freedom without the overhead of owning my own truck.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. kitcarguy

Mar 18, 2021
    Thats good to know. Pods fleet? Like the storage pods ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.